How to see images in terminal (w3m)?

Quite short question for some reason I cant see pictures inside Konsole even if I enable “Display inline pictures”???
Dont understand why?

If I run XTerm all works ok :sarcastic:

Do anyone know what could be the problem?

oh I just sow this if I press:
CTRL+ALT+F1
CTRL+ALT+F2
CTRL+ALT+F3
(type: username"" or “root” + password)

return to graphical enviroment is:
CTRL+ALT+F7

Then all works.

How to make it from konsole??

!!!ATTENTION!!!

IMAGES CAN NOT BE VIEWED BY KONSOLE OR GNOME-TERMINAL!

USE NEXT TERMINAL EMULATORS:

1. rxvt
  2. yeahconsole

!!!
:’(

If you post the exact command that you are using in konsole or gnome-terminal, then other people can try it themselves and perhaps see what the problem is. Otherwise we are just guessing.

I’m not sure if you’re after a ASCII art type application, or an image viewer that uses a basic framebuffer via the CLI.

1. For the former, you could try caca-utils:

software.opensuse.org:

*Make sure you select the correct version for your openSUSE installation.

This package contains utilities and demonstration programs for libcaca, the Colour AsCii Art library. cacaview is a simple image viewer for the terminal. It opens most image formats such as JPEG, PNG, GIF etc. and renders them on the terminal using ASCII art. The user can zoom and scroll the image, set the dithering method or enable anti-aliasing. cacaball is a tiny graphic program that renders animated ASCII metaballs on the screen, cacafire is a port of AALib’s aafire and displays burning ASCII art flames, and cacademo is a simple application that shows the libcaca rendering features such as line and ellipses drawing, triangle filling and sprite blitting.
http://software.opensuse.org/assets/download-arrow-664d1800d26fda331fb380c152243694.png](http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/openSUSE:12.3/standard/caca-utils.ymp?base=openSUSE%3A12.3)

zypper in caca-utils
  1. A basic framebuffer image viewer you could try is fbi:

software.opensuse.org:

Hope this helps.

My apologies. Disregard my last post. It wasn’t clear to me about you’re objective. Now I see read that this is a console browser query …

let’s do this quite simple command so we can see it’s problem in “konsole”:

fbi -is inside terminal picture viewer

1. fbi “address of some photo you want to open” (/home/alex/Pictures/SnapShot/photo.jpg)

OR MORE COMPLEX:

try next one w3m is text browser:

1. w3m google.com

to set you can see images while scrolling
2) press “o”
3) Display inline images (*)Yes
4) press “q” and "y"to exit

now again
5) w3m google.com
6) go to google search and type: “sexy girls”(example)
7) go to images
HERE IF YOU ARE USING KONSOLE YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SEE ANY.

Now do all the same after you went to virtual terminal

1. (CTRL+SHIFT+1)
  2. your computer name or root
  3. password:*********
  4. repeat any of things that were done up
    and all of this will work!!!rotfl!

OR WITH

1. rxvt
    2) yeahconsole

it will also work rotfl!

I don’t have “fbi” installed. I did get w3m to display images when run from konsole (the KDE application). I would not expect it to run in a virtual terminal (after CTRL-ALT-F2 for example). As far as I know, w3m and most linux applications expect there to be an X-server running to display images, and expect to be able to contact the X-server000 via “$DISPLAY”.

Big thanks to all!
I still don’t know how to fix it but!
!!!BIG THANKS!!!

For my last post cause I asked to turn off my profile.

I LOVE OPENSUSE rotfl!

For the benefit of others who come searching on this topic, the following may be helpful

How to Browse From the Linux Terminal With W3M