zypper: how to download all the dependencies of wine

Hi there!

I need to install wine on my opensuse distribution but I have to do it offline so I need the wine packages (I think two packages, one for 32 bit apps and the other for 64 bit).

One of them it should be installed by default by Opensuse but the other I have to install it. I have tried to download the package and install it on my target machine but I got a message saying that I needed libgphoto2.so.2 and maybe I will need other packages later on.

I am on opensuse as well now and I have the wine packages installed. I have tried the option --download-only of zypper but it says I have the last version of it.
Even if I uninstall it I think this option will download just the wine package but I need all the dependencies.

Is there a way to download all the dependencies of a specific package (every solution is welcomed :slight_smile: )

Thanks

Use option -d, --download-only. The packages will then be stored in /var/cache/zypp/packages/ until they are installed.

zypper in -d wine

Hello and welcome here.

Please remember that we are normal people like you and thus not clairvoyant. Allways tell what version of openSUSE is used. We can not guess it and you most probably can never be sure if it is of influence on the answer to be given.

Hi,

thank you for the hint but as I said, I’ve already tried that and there is nothing in those folders.

I got this message:

wine’ is already installed.
No update candidate for ‘wine-1.5.6-2.1.2.x86_64’. The highest available version is already installed.

even if I uninstall it, I think that command will just download that file… the problem is that I need all the dependencies :slight_smile:

Hi, thank you :slight_smile:

Yes, sure, you are totally right.

I’m using OpenSuse 12.3 x86 64 bit. For every other info, feel free to ask!

You can run the command

zypper rm -u wine

without confirming to continue. Then you have a list which packages and its dependencies would be uninstalled. You can copy the package names into a textfile named packages.txt and use the following command to download them to /var/cache/zypp/packages/:

zypper in -d --force $(cat packages.txt)

You can run the following to see the dependencies:

rpm -q --requires wine

Or select the package in YaST->Software Management and click on the “Dependencies” tab in the bottom-right…

this solution seems really cool, I’ll try it! thanks

thanks, I think I’ll try the zerum solution first since it should automatically download all the packages

mate this solution rocks! now I have all the rpm packages that I needed. Thank you very much!

Now I have all the rpm set in different folders.

I know the rpm -ivh *.rpm command but… is there any equivalent command in zypper? (install all the rpm of a directory and maybe of his subfolders)

“zypper in *.rpm” or “yast -i *.rpm”, those even would download and install missing packages.

cool, it seems very simple :slight_smile:

Thank you wolfi323, I’ll try it right now

I have just tried the whole procedure but I got errors:

it says that some dependency cannot be found (e.g. libpng14.so )

I have checked in the previously generated packages.txt and it was not there…

I’ve tried now the command: rpm -q --requires wine and i

and it seems that is present there… I’ll let you know

EDIT:

I’ve just noticed that I got these messages when executing sudo zypper in -d --force $(cat winepackages.txt)

:

Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Package ‘rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix)<=4.0-1’ not found.
Package ‘rpmlib(CompressedFileNames)<=3.0.4-1’ not found.
Package ‘rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma)<=4.4.6-1’ not found.
Forcing installation of ‘wine-32bit-1.5.6-2.1.2.x86_64’ from repository ‘openSUSE-12.2-Oss’.
Package ‘/bin/sh’ not found.
Package ‘libX11.so.6()(64bit)’ not found.
Package ‘libXcomposite.so.1()(64bit)’ not found.
Package ‘libXext.so.6()(64bit)’ not found.
Package ‘libXrender.so.1()(64bit)’ not found.
Package ‘libasound.so.2()(64bit)’ not found.

Do you know why? if I have the wine package installed I should have all the repositories required by them

Are both systems the same openSUSE version?
libpng14 doesn’t exist on 12.3…

Maybe you downloaded the packages for some older version?

I think you’re right… they are different versions… the target is 12.3, mine is 12.2… so I need to upgrade my system…

I’ve found this website: SDB:System upgrade - openSUSE Wiki

is it safe to upgrade to 12.3 from 12.2? I mean, how much is it risky?

It should be safe, but that of course depends on your specific setup and customization.
If you only have the standard repos, there should be no problems whatsoever.

But you can also download the wine package for 12.3 on your 12.2 system and get the (12.3) dependencies with:

rpm -qp --requires *downloaded_package.rpm*

Or just try to install the downloaded 12.3 wine package on your 12.3 system with “rpm -i” and it should give you a list of missing dependencies which you could then download manually (you can use pin or f.e. RPM Search to find out which package contains a specific file).

On 2013-07-05 12:56, ventilus wrote:

> I’ve found this website: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:System_upgrade

That’s not the only one. There are more:

Online upgrade
method
upgrade method

Chapter 16. Upgrading the System and System Changes
openSUSE 12.3 Release Notes

> is it safe to upgrade to 12.3 from 12.2? I mean, how much is it risky?

Some.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.3 x86_64 “Dartmouth” at Telcontar)

Thank you guys,

I’ll try to upgrade to 12.3

I’m new to OpenSUSE but it seems a great community :wink: