On boot *ERROR* displayport link status failed

I have a problem on boot of my OpenSuse 12.3. It takes a long time until I get to the login screen (a few minutes) and it is very annoying.
In boot protocol I saw the following error:

4.061801] fbcon: radeondrmfb (fb0) is primary device
    4.268962] [drm:radeon_dp_link_train_cr] *ERROR* displayport link status failed
    4.268963] [drm:radeon_dp_link_train_cr] *ERROR* clock recovery failed
    4.317856] fb0: radeondrmfb frame buffer device
    4.317857] drm: registered panic notifier

When I searched dmesg (dmesg | grep drm), I get the same error in that log two.

My graphic card is ati radeon 5870.

I searched the internet for solution but I didn’t found any. I hope someone can help with this error.
Thank you for your help.

That was a bug.
Test the graphics driver update for RADEON ( AMD Graphics Drivers & Software – Download the latest drivers for your graphics products ).

what bug – any specifics for the OP?

Test the graphics driver update for RADEON ( AMD Graphics Drivers & Software – Download the latest drivers for your graphics products ).
What you have linked to (the proprietary graphics drivers) has nothing to do with that shown in the original post (which is relating to the radeon drm kernel module … the catalyst/fglrx has its own, completely different, drm driver)

Do you use Google? Copy the Error-Code and you will see, what I mean. I thought the bug of the driver would be fixed perhaps in the last weeks and you can update this one.

Ah, so perhaps what you were trying to convey to the OP was something along the lines of:

“I’ve seen others complain of a similar error (just do a search for such an error message on the internet). So, if its really bothering you (and until it is resolved in the OSS stack), you might want to consider trying the proprietary AMD drivers instead”

So do I try with the AMD driver or just wait for the fix?!

That is up to you. You will get better performance with the propritary driver.

The problem is with the kernel driver, so any fix not might end up being available until:

• a future kernel … with multi kernel version it is easy for you to try a newer one to see if it has resolved the problem, without worry about your current install
  • a bug patch gets backported to the current kernel … this is not likely in my opinion

But that all precedes the larger point – is there a fix available? Is there even a bug report for this yet? Suggest you consult the drm mailing lists and Bugzilla to see, otherwise the issue will most likely persist if it is unknown about in the proper channels

(Generally speaking) You get better 3D/OpenGL performance*, but much worse 2D performance than the OSS drivers

• the gap in the 3D/OpenGL realm has significantly decreased recently upstream

I thought AMD would not give you new Linux drivers without testing them.
The best way is asking there.

OK … thank you guys …