Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jdeveloper on Open suse

Default Re: Jdeveloper on Open suse

@ali_mearaj
    Looks like you have the following problems.
    (1) jdev is trying to run a 32 bit version of Java (from path /home/memo/Oracle/Middleware/jdk160_24). This doesn't seem to be under your home path. (Did you install it somewhere else?)
    (2) The java executable is still pointing to the openJDK version and that may not work well with jdev. I have asked you to install Oracle JDK in the home directory (see my earlier post). If you do that, it should show its version in the "java -version" output.

openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) with Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop and KDE 4.11.2 on MacBook Pro
    Latest MS Windows version used: Win95

Default AW: Re: Jdeveloper on Open suse

Quote Originally Posted by syampillai View Post
    @ali_mearaj
    Looks like you have the following problems.
    (1) jdev is trying to run a 32 bit version of Java (from path /home/memo/Oracle/Middleware/jdk160_24). This doesn't seem to be under your home path. (Did you install it somewhere else?)
    Of course it is in his home path (provided his user name is memo). Where else do you think /home/memo/Oracle would be?

(2) The java executable is still pointing to the openJDK version and that may not work well with jdev. I have asked you to install Oracle JDK in the home directory (see my earlier post). If you do that, it should show its version in the "java -version" output.

Maybe JDeveloper brings its own JavaVM and wants to use this? In /home/memo/Oracle/Middleware/jdk160_24?

Yes it is 32bit. That's why libXtst6-32bit is needed.

On 2013-06-30 06:46, ali mearaj wrote:
    >
    > Hi Everyone
    > I installed the library, but a new error came

Code:

> --------------------
    >     x@linux-ercl:~/Oracle/Middleware/jdeveloper/jdev/bin> sudo ./jdev
    Why sudo?

Code:

>   No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.
    That's a consequence of using sudo...

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.3 x86_64 "Dartmouth" at Telcontar)

@ali_mearaj
    Ok, forget my first question (see the response from wolfi323, that was my mistake asking that question).

It looks like you didn't install the JDK as per my advice in the earlier post.

jdev will not work with the 32 bit version of the java that came with it on your 64 bit machine unless you install all required 32 bit libraries. After installing 64 bit JDK as per my earlier post, execute the following to point the JDK directory link for jdev as follows:
    Code:
    mv $HOME/Oracle/Middleware/jdk160_24 $HOME/Oracle/Middleware/jdk160_24.moved
    ln -s $HOME/jdk $HOME/Oracle/Middleware/jdk160_24
    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) with Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop and KDE 4.11.2 on MacBook Pro
    Latest MS Windows version used: Win95

It worked

I am almost crying

thanks everyone.

PS
    I installed the 32 bit library, previously I thought that the 64 only required, and I repointed the java directory
    And just to confirm it, I have done all the previous steps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123