Thread: Disable automatic downloading of attachments in Kontact / KMail

Default Disable automatic downloading of attachments in Kontact / KMail

I am using Kontact 4.8.5 on OpenSUSE 12.2. If someone sends me an e-mail with a large .JPG attachment, KMail automatically downloads the JPG to display it in the body of the e-mail as soon as I click the message to open it. I am unable to view the text of the e-mail before it finishes downloading the JPG. I would like to disable this feature so I can view the text first, and then decide whether or not to download the picture. I tried all the menu settings under View | Attachments, and got the same results each time. Is there a way to disable automatic downloading of attachments? Thank you.

Default Re: Disable automatic downloading of attachments in Kontact / KMail

Quote Originally Posted by jasoncoxTX View Post
    I am using Kontact 4.8.5 on OpenSUSE 12.2. If someone sends me an e-mail with a large .JPG attachment, KMail automatically downloads the JPG to display it in the body of the e-mail as soon as I click the message to open it. I am unable to view the text of the e-mail before it finishes downloading the JPG. I would like to disable this feature so I can view the text first, and then decide whether or not to download the picture. I tried all the menu settings under View | Attachments, and got the same results each time. Is there a way to disable automatic downloading of attachments? Thank you.
    Well, that's just how EMail works.
    You can't download parts of the message, you have to download the full message.