Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need to chage POP3 and SMTP server info

Default Re: Need to chage POP3 and SMTP server info

Sigh... I misspoke. What I thought was a working solution turned out to be main.cf set back to the original configuration. But...
    THE PROBLEM REALLY IS FIXED!!!
    The real fix is a change in sasl_passwd. Instead of [127.0.0.1] user1:password (where user1 is a local username in my system) the line should be [127.0.0.1]:5000 verizon.username:verizon_passwd As soon as I plugged that in, mail moved (and moves) as it should. Another part of the solution is I created a self-signed certificate with openssl, both for postfix and for stunnel. At this point, I'm not sure if one or the other certificate is extraneous. I'll look into it later.
    Last edited by RBEmerson; 02-Aug-2013 at 22:53. Reason: Forgot to disable smileys in :password
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits...

I forgot another, crucial, change - the service in stunnel.conf:
    Code:
    [smtp-tls-wrapper]
    client = yes
    accept = 5000
    connect = smtp.verizon.net:465
    This is used in place of smtp or smtps. Putting client=yes in the service definition is only a matter of style. It can also be at the top of stunnel.conf.

As an aside, postfix continues to be unable to resolve localhost as 127.0.0.1. I'd appreciate suggestions as to why this is so. For now I've hardwired the IP into the relayhost definition to avoid this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RBEmerson View Post
    Actually, BTDT.
    Here's /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf (from the openSUSE verion of stunnel) with all comments pulled save the bit about tinygrams which, I assume, can't hurt and might help avoid a problem.
    He was having an stunnel issue with the pem file, but he fixed that. The specific problem I responded to was an SMTP problem.

I'm actually running on Gentoo, and didn't have to mess around with pem files with the default stunnel.conf. Dealing with that likely just involves editing other lines in the configuration file, or generating a certificate.

Glad you finally got it working!

I'm glad it's working, too! [/big grin]

I still haven't played with who needs a .pem file. I pulled an all-nighter to get the stunnel thing running well enough for "production". At this point, coherency isn't one of my better skills - hence all of the extraneous posts full of babble. I'd pull 'em if I could. Anyway, messing with the .pem question is something I'll leave for later.

FWIW, I have a few laptops floating around, all sending their emails, via an ssh tunnel, through one common machine (the one using stunnel). The reason for this is simple: more than once, I've signed onto a foreign (i.e., not one of my AP's) WiFi site and been handed "you're nobody I know, so forget mailing through port 25". With the ssh tunnel and my mail server, I don't care.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234