Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: OpenSuse 12.3 KDE can't automount CD's

  1. #1

    Default OpenSuse 12.3 KDE can't automount CD's

    I've been trying to figure out for some time now how in the world to automount a CD / DVD in KDE on OpenSuse 12.3 everytime a new disk is inserted. I have seen the device notifier options to automount specific named CD's that have already been cached in the device notifier, but have never found a way to automount a new, unknown CD to some known directory. Is this even possible yet?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: OpenSuse 12.3 KDE can't automount CD's

    Quote Originally Posted by kizbot777 View Post
    I've been trying to figure out for some time now how in the world to automount a CD / DVD in KDE on OpenSuse 12.3 everytime a new disk is inserted. I have seen the device notifier options to automount specific named CD's that have already been cached in the device notifier, but have never found a way to automount a new, unknown CD to some known directory. Is this even possible yet?
    Are you speaking about an Audio CD? And if so, what do you want to do with it? Normally I just rip Audio CD's and not use them again. For Data CD's, they should provide an option to mount them, but they don't mount unless you select some action for them to take, like using Dolphin to browse it.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3

    Default Re: OpenSuse 12.3 KDE can't automount CD's

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Are you speaking about an Audio CD? And if so, what do you want to do with it? Normally I just rip Audio CD's and not use them again. For Data CD's, they should provide an option to mount them, but they don't mount unless you select some action for them to take, like using Dolphin to browse it.

    Thank You,
    Thanks for the reply. I almost always mount data CD's and DVD's and I would like to work with them directly in the command line if it can be automounted to a fixed location. Opening automatically with dolphin would not be as ideal but would probably still work for me.

  4. #4

    Default Re: OpenSuse 12.3 KDE can't automount CD's

    Quote Originally Posted by kizbot777 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I almost always mount data CD's and DVD's and I would like to work with them directly in the command line if it can be automounted to a fixed location. Opening automatically with dolphin would not be as ideal but would probably still work for me.
    I found a solution to the problem using autofs. I added the line below to my auto.xxx file and can now access it from command line or dolphin in the /mnt location. Hope this maybe helps others out.

    /mnt -fstype=auto,ro :/dev/sr0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •