Thread: Dolphin Video Preview Error gstreamer plug-in.

Default Dolphin Video Preview Error gstreamer plug-in.

I need to change phonon backend to vlc. I need Dolphin to use VLC, and Amarok to use gstreamer. How do I do that? If I change it to VLC, then both programs end up using VLC. No good. Each must use a different backend.

Thanks.

Default Re: Dolphin Video Preview Error gstreamer plug-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug08 View Post
    I need to change phonon backend to vlc. I need Dolphin to use VLC, and Amarok to use gstreamer. How do I do that? If I change it to VLC, then both programs end up using VLC. No good. Each must use a different backend.
    Why do you need that?

It is not possible. You only can set the phonon backend globally for all applications.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Why do you need that?

It is not possible. You only can set the phonon backend globally for all applications.

Because Amarok has no equalizer with VLC, and Dolphin video previews only work with VLC. Gstreamer does nothing but give errors that plug-ins are missing.

Why not leave phonon backend as gstreamer and install the rpm kde-mplayer-thumbnailer which will give you video previews in dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Doug08 View Post
    Because Amarok has no equalizer with VLC, and Dolphin video previews only work with VLC. Gstreamer does nothing but give errors that plug-ins are missing.
    Dolphin video preview works fine here even with the gstreamer backend, although I normally use the vlc backend.

Please check that you have the following packages installed and that they come from Packman:
    Code:
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon
    You can check where a package comes from by selecting the package in YaST->Software Management and clicking on the "Versions" tab right below the package list. If a package comes from a different repo, just select Packman there and it should be changed.

Default I added those packages.

Works just fine now.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Dolphin video preview works fine here even with the gstreamer backend, although I normally use the vlc backend.

Please check that you have the following packages installed and that they come from Packman:
    Code:
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad-orig-addon
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly
    gstreamer-0_10-plugins-ugly-orig-addon
    You can check where a package comes from by selecting the package in YaST->Software Management and clicking on the "Versions" tab right below the package list. If a package comes from a different repo, just select Packman there and it should be changed.