Thread: KDE Device Notifier mounts to wrong directory

Default KDE Device Notifier mounts to wrong directory

Since the last KDE update (4.10.3) the Device Notifier has started mounting my removable devices (thumb drives and USB hard drive) in a different directory. It used to mount things to /media, but now it's mounting them to /var/run/media/<username>. Is there any way to change where it mounts things to? I didn't see any such option in the Device Notifier settings. Perhaps I should report a bug in Device Notifier?

In the meantime, I'll create a symlink to this new directory.

P.S. I'm using OpenSUSE 12.3 x64 with KDE 4.10.3 and kernel 3.7.10-1.4-desktop.

Default Re: KDE Device Notifier mounts to wrong directory

Quote Originally Posted by 3rperson View Post
    Since the last KDE update (4.10.3) the Device Notifier has started mounting my removable devices (thumb drives and USB hard drive) in a different directory. It used to mount things to /media, but now it's mounting them to /var/run/media/<username>. Is there any way to change where it mounts things to? I didn't see any such option in the Device Notifier settings. Perhaps I should report a bug in Device Notifier?

P.S. I'm using OpenSUSE 12.3 x64 with KDE 4.10.3 and kernel 3.7.10-1.4-desktop.
    No, this hasn't changed with the latest KDE update but with 12.3. Upto 12.2 /media was used.

Or to be more precise: On 12.2 KDE used udisks1 which mounted to /media.
    Now udisks2 is used, which mounts to /var/run/media/<username>. (GNOME used udisks2 already on 12.2, so mounts to /var/run/media/<username> even on 12.2). That's by design.

But there is a way to make udisks2 mount to /media again:
    See https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=809837#c17 for details.

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE Device Notifier mounts to wrong directory

Perhaps I should report a bug in Device Notifier?
    No, this is not a bug; it's a feature

I created a symlink at $HOME/media

If they move it again, I can simply change the symlink so that it will still be in the same place for me.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;