Thread: Kickoff effect = Slide vs fade

Default Kickoff effect = Slide vs fade

I noticed kickoff most of the times launches sliding, and other times it fades in/out. Can I make it fade by default?

Default Re: Kickoff effect = Slide vs fade

Quote Originally Posted by amarildojr View Post
    I noticed kickoff most of the times launches sliding, and other times it fades in/out. Can I make it fade by default?
    I serioulsly have the idea that this falls out of the blue.

Are you using openSUSE? When yes, which version?

Is this about a desktop environment, when yes, plaese tell which one.

With that information available, there might be people that know what "Kickoff" is. And others might feel that it is not their fault that they didn't understand your question at all, because your environment it is not part of their way of living.
    Henk van Velden

Default Re: Kickoff effect = Slide vs fade

openSUSE 12.3
    KDE

Kickoff is the menu where you find your programs. I'm I the only one that knows this? If so, sorry, I thought others might know as well. I'm forgetting to put info on my threads, I know, but this will change. Only in this forum I do this, there must be some mojo that makes me forget.

Default AW: Re: Kickoff effect = Slide vs fade

Quote Originally Posted by amarildojr View Post
    openSUSE 12.3
    KDE

Kickoff is the menu where you find your programs. I'm I the only one that knows this? If so, sorry, I thought others might know as well. I'm forgetting to put info on my threads, I know, but this will change. Only in this forum I do this, there must be some mojo that makes me forget.
    No, you are not the only one who knows this, every KDE user should, since its name is mentioned on its popup tooltip...
    Btw your link doesn't work.

Well, I don't know how you can switch between slide and fade. Mine always fades...
    Maybe the Animation speed setting in Configure Desktop->Desktop Effects or "Graphical Effects" in Application Appearance->Style->Finetuning has an influence?
    Or turning on/off Desktop Effects?