Thread: Organizing Desktop Icons

Default Organizing Desktop Icons

As you can see, the Steam/Gimp/Chromium icons are out of the grid. I couldn't find a way of organizing desktop icons on the grid, is there a way of doing so?

SUSE Paste

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Organizing Desktop Icons

Quote Originally Posted by amarildojr View Post
    As you can see, the Steam/Gimp/Chromium icons are out of the grid. I couldn't find a way of organizing desktop icons on the grid, is there a way of doing so?

SUSE Paste
    I think your choices beyond manual manipulation is to use folder view OR do as I do and put up the Desktop Widgets. In fact I often determine the application setup and create my own icon in the desktop Widget over placing them on the Plasma (Default) Desktop.

See Desktop Widget in top Left hand corner of My Desktop. This has the desktop with the widget in the top left corner. The problem is icons on the Plasma Desktop still work the same as yours, but you can manually create them into the Desktop Widget after looking at the icon info on the Plasma Desktop. Or, you just switch to the Folder View setting I guess.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Organizing Desktop Icons

SUSE Paste
    It would bee nice if you next time post the version of openSUSE you use and that you use KDE. Much better then that we have to load your picture and guess those things from looking at it
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    It would bee nice if you next time post the version of openSUSE you use and that you use KDE. Much better then that we have to load your picture and guess those things from looking at it
    Didn't know it's such a big deal to open a picture

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Organizing Desktop Icons

Didn't know it's such a big deal to open a picture
    It is the accepted norm in the openSUSE forum to specify (and to expect to see) your exact Desktop, openSUSE version, bit setup and anything else pertinent to your installation with no need to guess those details. For good help the first time, be specific on the openSUSE copy you are using to get the best help possible.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    It is the accepted norm in the openSUSE forum to specify (and to expect to see) your exact Desktop, openSUSE version, bit setup and anything else pertinent to your installation with no need to guess those details. For good help the first time, be specific on the openSUSE copy you are using to get the best help possible.

Thank You,
    Well since this is such a simple task that doesn't require system specs I didn't think it was needed since opening the image shows that I'm using openSUSE 12.3. I'll post the specs next time.

Thanks.