Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21

    Question Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    I really like the 12.3 screensaver that is in KDE at least, but I would like it even more if I could have it without the login prompts. I searched, but I could not find a version without this login box.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet View Post
    I really like the 12.3 screensaver that is in KDE at least, but I would like it even more if I could have it without the login prompts. I searched, but I could not find a version without this login box.
    Something like this should do what you want in Configure Desktop / Hardware / Display and Monitor / Screen Locker Settings



    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    No, I already looked there.

    Also, I still have the 12.2 wallpaper, and the 12.3 one will not show:

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,845
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    How did you upgrade? Please post output of
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    between CODE tags, we'll need it anyway.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet View Post
    No, I already looked there.

    Also, I still have the 12.2 wallpaper, and the 12.3 one will not show:
    Please try
    Code:
    kquitapp plasma-desktop
    rm -r .kde4/cache-$HOSTNAME/plasma*
    kstart plasma-desktop
    That will clear plasma(-wallpapers) cache, and it should show current default wallpaper

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    How did you upgrade? Please post output of
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    between CODE tags, we'll need it anyway.
    I used these instructions: SDB:System_upgrade.
    Code:
    #  | Alias                | Name                       | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                  | Service
    ---+----------------------+----------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------
     1 | KDE:Extra            | KDE:Extra                  | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_12.3/        |        
     2 | Packman Repository   | Packman Repository         | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_12.3/                   |        
     3 | UpdatedKDE_Apps      | UpdatedKDE_Apps            | Yes     | No      |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/UpdatedApps/openSUSE_12.3/  |        
     4 | Vovochka404          | Vovochka404                | Yes     | No      |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Vovochka404/openSUSE_12.3/ |        
     5 | libdvdcss repository | libdvdcss repository       | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/12.3/                                       |        
     6 | repo-debug           | openSUSE-12.3-Debug        | No      | Yes     |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/             |        
     7 | repo-debug-update    | openSUSE-12.3-Update-Debug | No      | Yes     |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/12.3/                            |        
     8 | repo-oss             | openSUSE-12.3-Oss          | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | yast2  | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/                   |        
     9 | repo-source          | openSUSE-12.3-Source       | No      | Yes     |   99     | NONE   | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/12.3/repo/oss/            |        
    10 | repo-update          | openSUSE-12.3-Update       | Yes     | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/12.3/                                  |

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    Quote Originally Posted by sumski View Post
    Please try
    Code:
    kquitapp plasma-desktop
    rm -r .kde4/cache-$HOSTNAME/plasma*
    kstart plasma-desktop
    That will clear plasma(-wallpapers) cache, and it should show current default wallpaper
    Ok thanks, that sort of worked. I got this error:
    Code:
    kstart(16889) main: Omitting both --window and --windowclass arguments is not recommended
    Running the kstart command again started up plasma, and the 12.3 wallpaper is showing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet View Post
    Ok thanks, that sort of worked. I got this error:
    Code:
    kstart(16889) main: Omitting both --window and --windowclass arguments is not recommended
    Running the kstart command again started up plasma, and the 12.3 wallpaper is showing.
    That is a harmless message.
    WRT your original problem, if you use simple locker, you will always have "login box". There is a bug report about not showing it when user has "require password" option off, i can't find it right now. As jdmcdaniel3 wrote already, only with classic screensaver the box will not be shown.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Exclamation Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet View Post
    No, I already looked there.

    Also, I still have the 12.2 wallpaper, and the 12.3 one will not show:
    This is what you get when you right click on the desktop and pick Default Desktop Settings. You did not go to Configure Desktop / Hardware / Display and Monitor / Screen Locker Settings as I suggested. Why not try looking there next?

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Lock Screensaver in KDE at Least

    Quote Originally Posted by sumski View Post
    WRT your original problem, if you use simple locker, you will always have "login box". There is a bug report about not showing it when user has "require password" option off, i can't find it right now.
    I wish it would not show for me since I do not require a password.
    Quote Originally Posted by sumski View Post
    As jdmcdaniel3 wrote already, only with classic screensaver the box will not be shown.
    The problem is that the classic screensavers do not include the openSUSE 12.3 Geeko on the vine. The Desktop Widgets is close, but it has a plasma menu for adding widgets. I think the default theme should be a classic screensaver option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •