Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Need reply button.

  1. #1

    Default Need reply button.

    Hi.

    On the webforum, I don't have a reply button. Just and "Reply With Quote".

    How do I get the Reply only button ?

    [code]
    http://paste.opensuse.org/7116843
    [\code]
    --
    Erik Jakobsen
    Opensuse 12.3
    Linux linux-z96b.site 3.7.10-1.4-desktop

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    >
    > On the webforum,


    using nntp you don't need to know! ;-) Sådan!

    --
    dd
    openSUSE®, the "German Engineered Automobile" of operating systems!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,000
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverD View Post
    >
    > On the webforum,


    using nntp you don't need to know! ;-) Sådan!

    --
    dd
    openSUSE®, the "German Engineered Automobile" of operating systems!
    Please stop this, the OP asks about the webforum. If I ask directions for public transport to some place, "buy a car" is not an answer to my question.

    To the OP: clear cache and cookies of your browser. Your double identity has been reported, will be dealt with by the admins. The cause of this might very well be in that area. Clearing cache and cookies should fix the reply button.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    To the OP: clear cache and cookies of your browser. Your double identity has been reported, will be dealt with by the admins. The cause of this might very well be in that area. Clearing cache and cookies should fix the reply button.
    Same here, no "reply only" button, just reply "with quote". IIRC it disappeared here with a forum upgrade, so it would be nice to have it back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Clearing cache and cookies should fix the reply button.
    Just did that, it didn't work for me. Not that I expected it to, because I have done it several times since noticing the missing button quite some time ago.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,282

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    Quote Originally Posted by consused View Post
    Just did that, it didn't work for me. Not that I expected it to, because I have done it several times since noticing the missing button quite some time ago.
    Yes, it isn't there. In my memory there was once. But you can use what I do, the blue "New Reaction" at the bottom.
    Henk van Velden

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,795
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    Quote Originally Posted by consused View Post
    Same here, no "reply only" button, just reply "with quote".
    I am seeing a "Reply to Thread" near the bottom left.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Yes, it isn't there. In my memory there was once. But you can use what I do, the blue "New Reaction" at the bottom.
    Yes, I do that, and have done since the reply only button went missing.

    The downside is that anyone using threaded mode (if there is anyone?) is forced to quote in order to maintain position in tree.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I am seeing a "Reply to Thread" near the bottom left.
    I know. That was always there, including when the missing button was there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,282

    Default Re: Need reply button.

    Quote Originally Posted by consused View Post
    I know. That was always there, including when the missing button was there.
    Yes, it is not a replacement, but it does do the same thing.

    Maybe we should ping Kim about this.
    Henk van Velden

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •