Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KDE crash dialog ask /usr/bin/kdeinit4

Default KDE crash dialog ask /usr/bin/kdeinit4

on my opensuse 12.3 with kde 4.10.2 and 4.10.3, usually plasma crash, KDE crash dialog says that backtrace is not useful, I investigated on what files it needs and it says:
    The packages containing debug information for the following application and libraries are missing:

/usr/bin/kdeinit4.
    but I cannot find which debuginfo file I have to install, searching in yast package manager checking all the boxes, I found kdelibs4-debuginfo and installed it, but KDE crash dialog continues to ask for /usr/bin/kdeinit4.
    what have I to install to have useful informations to send???
    thanx, ciao, pier

Blog Entries

Smile Re: KDE crash dialog ask /usr/bin/kdeinit4

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    on my opensuse 12.3 with kde 4.10.2 and 4.10.3, usually plasma crash, KDE crash dialog says that backtrace is not useful, I investigated on what files it needs and it says:
    The packages containing debug information for the following application and libraries are missing:

/usr/bin/kdeinit4.
    but I cannot find which debuginfo file I have to install, searching in yast package manager checking all the boxes, I found kdelibs4-debuginfo and installed it, but KDE crash dialog continues to ask for /usr/bin/kdeinit4.
    thanx, ciao, pier
    So three questions:

1. How did you install openSUSE? Clean install or Upgrade, be specific.
    2. Tells us of your PC hardware and in particular about you video and if using open source driver or not.
    3. How long has openSUSE 12.3 been installed and did it ever work properly for you?

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

Default Re: KDE crash dialog ask /usr/bin/kdeinit4

/usr/bin/kdeinit4.
    thanx, ciao, pier
    Create a new "user" and check whether issue exists for that new user.
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So three questions:

1. How did you install openSUSE? Clean install or Upgrade, be specific.
    clean install taking the old /home partition
    2. Tells us of your PC hardware and in particular about you video and if using open source driver or not.
    hardware CPU Information
    Processor (CPU): Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
    Speed: 1.600,00 MHz
    Cores: 8
    Total memory (RAM): 8 GiB
    Display Info
    Model:NVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M using proprietary 304.88 nvidia drivers from the opensuse nvidia repo.
    3. How long has openSUSE 12.3 been installed and did it ever work properly for you? I installed 12.3 about one and half month ago, I don't remember if it worked properly

Thank You,
    I ranted about these crashes here too, and one of the possibility is this kde#311871,
    but my question was also what have I to install to have useful informations to send???
    thnx, ciao, pier

Blog Entries

Smile Re: KDE crash dialog ask /usr/bin/kdeinit4

clean install taking the old /home partition
    hardware CPU Information
    Processor (CPU): Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
    Speed: 1.600,00 MHz
    Cores: 8
    Total memory (RAM): 8 GiB
    Display Info
    Model:NVIDIA Quadro NVS 3100M using proprietary 304.88 nvidia drivers from the opensuse nvidia repo.
    I ranted about these crashes here too, and one of the possibility is this kde#311871,
    but my question was also what have I to install to have useful informations to send???
    thnx, ciao, pier
    So have you updated your kernel version from 3.7? Specifically have you tried kernel version 3.8 or the new 3.9? I use the very latest nVIDIA driver, have nVIDIA GT 660 Ti video card and I am running kernel 3.9, all in openSUSE 12.3 and KDE 4.10 with no problems. For added info on kernels upgrades, look here: openSUSE and Installing New Linux Kernel Versions - Blogs - openSUSE Forums and for considering loading the nVIDIA driver the hard way look here: Installing the nVIDIA Video Driver the Hard Way - Blogs - openSUSE Forums and if you should decide to compile your own kernel using SAKC, you can use this to automatically reinstall the nVIDIA driver with dkms for new kernel compiles: S.A.N.D.I. - SuSE Automated NVIDIA Driver Installer - Version 1.00 - Blogs - openSUSE Forums which is what I do.

Thank You,

So have you updated your kernel version from 3.7? Specifically have you tried kernel version 3.8 or the new 3.9?
    IMHO, this should not matter at all if using the proprietary nvidia driver.
    And KDE 4.10 works fine here on kernel 3.7... (both using the opensource radeon driver on a Radeon 9600 and the proprietary nvidia driver on GTX550i)

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: KDE crash dialog ask /usr/bin/kdeinit4

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    IMHO, this should not matter at all if using the proprietary nvidia driver.
    And KDE 4.10 works fine here on kernel 3.7... (both using the opensource radeon driver on a Radeon 9600 and the proprietary nvidia driver on GTX550i)
    It should not matter perhaps, but it should not hurt to give it a try either. You are having a problem and this is something I recommend to you to do.

Thank You,

@Pier, you'll need kdelibs4-core-debuginfo, libkde4-debuginfo, kdelibs4-debuginfo, libkdecore4-debuginfo and also possibly kdebase4-workspace-debuginfo packages (though the crashes are probably lower in the stack, so the first 4 should suffice - those will also pull Qt debug packages)

Quote Originally Posted by sumski View Post
    @Pier, you'll need kdelibs4-core-debuginfo, libkde4-debuginfo, kdelibs4-debuginfo, libkdecore4-debuginfo and also possibly kdebase4-workspace-debuginfo packages (though the crashes are probably lower in the stack, so the first 4 should suffice - those will also pull Qt debug packages)
    Well, right now I am suspecting libQtWebKit4. But there was no answer yet.

Please see here: https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...y-often-2.html
    The backtraces are also there...

Blog Entries

Question Re: KDE crash dialog ask /usr/bin/kdeinit4

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, right now I am suspecting libQtWebKit4. But there was no answer yet.

Please see here: https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...y-often-2.html
    The backtraces are also there...
    So why update libQtWebKit4 to version 4.8.4+2.3.1 in lue of the working version 4.8.4+2.2.0-3.2.1?

Thank You,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast