Miss driver for Asus M4A88TD-M

Hi all,
I bought a TV monitor to extend my smaller monitor.
Bought a HDMI cable, and plugged in both, but I dont know what I should do after…
Comparing to Windows, I just need to connect and wait to show on the TV screen, so I presume that I need to check my motherboard driver, an Asus M4A88TD-M.
When I checked Asus website, I saw that there is no Linux driver available (just for LAN board, I think…)

Suggestion will be very appreciated!

Welcome to the openSUSE forum there landsant. Seems like you left out a few details about your openSUSE version and desktop used. If we can assume the latest KDE in openSUSE 12.3 you would go to your menu / Configure Desktop / Hardware / Display & Monitor. Are you using built-in graphics and how many monitors are connected? How does each monitor connect? Does your motherboard allow a dual monitor setup? Have you indeed used this exact hardware with Windows before?

Thank You for using openSUSE,

Hi dude, thx for the reply :slight_smile:
So, I am using 3.4.33-2.24-desktop x86_64, 12.2 (x86_64) KDE: 4.8.5 (4.8.5) rel. 2.
And I did it, went to Hardware / Display & Monitor, in Size and orientation, there are 3 options:

• HDMI-0
  • DVI-0
  • VGA-0
    My TV is connected with HDMI, so I concluded that I just needed to connect both, and change the source on my tv.
    I did a “dmidecode | more” and I see the correct motherboard.
    Just my main monitor and now I want a TV, connect by a HDMI cable. and regarding if it allows me or not, I am not sure how to verify it! :shame:

Thanks you a lot for your replying!