Thread: How to turn off mouse pulling out of sleep mode

Default How to turn off mouse pulling out of sleep mode

HI,
    My computer (a Dell desktop) was installed SUSE 12.3 32 bit. When the computer is in sleep mode, a gentle move of the mouse will activate the computer on. I would like to know how to turn off mouse activation. I only need the keyboard to activate the computer from sleep mode.

Thanks,

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to turn off mouse pulling out of sleep mode

Quote Originally Posted by freerjw View Post
    HI,
    My computer (a Dell desktop) was installed SUSE 12.3 32 bit. When the computer is in sleep mode, a gentle move of the mouse will activate the computer on. I would like to know how to turn off mouse activation. I only need the keyboard to activate the computer from sleep mode.

Thanks,
    Have you checked your BIOS settings to see whether it can be disabled from there?

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

HI,

Thanks,
    Write two shell scripts 1.) for disabling mouse and 2) for enabling mouse
    The idea is execute script and disable mouse when you are moving away. and come back and activate "enable" script when coming back to machine
    Don't forget to set keyboard shorcuts to the scripts.
    The source code is here :- xorg - Disable Keyboard & Mouse input on unix (under X) - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange
    I check the solution present in the link and it works my machine(see sig) and the script should/seems to be independent of desktop environment(KDE,GNOME,etc..)
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

Example:-
    input device list on my machine and mouse id is 8
    Code:
    $xinput --list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ USB Optical Mouse                           id=8    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    $
    I can disable mouse using
    Code:
    $xinput --disable 8
    I can enable mouse using
    Code:
    $xinput --enable 8
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

HI,

Thanks,
    isn't a setting like this usually in the mouse itself?
    I have a logitech mouse and a buffalo mouse.
    If I move the logitech mouse slightly it wakes the screen - but with the buffalo mouse - once it goes into sleep mode a button must be pressed to wake the mouse and screen.