Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weather forecast plasmoid crash plasma

Default weather forecast plasmoid crash plasma

on my opensuse 12.3 with KDE4.10.2 the weather forecast plasmoid crash plasma desktop, and the lcd weather doesn't works, it don't shows nothing of the correctly set location, have you the same behaviour??

thnx, ciao, pier

Blog Entries

Smile Re: weather forecast plasmoid crash plasma

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    on my opensuse 12.3 with KDE4.10.2 the weather forecast plasmoid crash plasma desktop, and the lcd weather doesn't works, it don't shows nothing of the correctly set location, have you the same behaviour??

thnx, ciao, pier
    When I first installed openSUSE 12.3, the weather icon did have a problem. Seems like I could set it and on reboot it did not work, but after a few updates, I have not seen it do that any more. Perhaps you have not done a full online update since you installed openSUSE 12.3? Here is what I do and suggest:

To fully upgrade, I would do the following tasks for openSUSE 12.3 using KDE:

1. Go to YaST (Enter Root Password) / Software / Software Repository and specify the URL addition of the Packman Repository "Index of /suse/openSUSE_12.3/" excluding the quotes if not already done.
    2. Go to YaST (Enter Root Password) / Software / Software Management and select Options and check Allow Vendor Change.
    3. Again, still in Software Management select Package / All Packages / Update if newer version available and press the Accept button on the bottom right.

You only need to do items 1 & 2 one time each. You can performs item 3 every time you run YaST to see if updates exist, even right now.

Thank You,
    Last edited by jdmcdaniel3; 26-Apr-2013 at 18:05.
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Blog Entries

Default Re: weather forecast plasmoid crash plasma

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    I have not had it crash, but it doesn't work.

While running opensuse 12.2 (I think that was KDE 4.8.7), the weather forecast tray applet worked very well. With 12.3 (both 4.10.00 and 4.10.2), it usually works for a while after I configure it. And then it stops updating.

I tried the LCD weather widget. It also stops updating after a while.

I have given up on both.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Blog Entries

Smile Re: weather forecast plasmoid crash plasma

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post

While running opensuse 12.2 (I think that was KDE 4.8.7), the weather forecast tray applet worked very well. With 12.3 (both 4.10.00 and 4.10.2), it usually works for a while after I configure it. And then it stops updating.

I tried the LCD weather widget. It also stops updating after a while.

I have given up on both.
    So the Weather icon is working for me now. At first, you could configure it to work and on the next restart, it would stop working, but it keeps working for me now on each restart. Here it is tonight:

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So the Weather icon is working for me now. At first, you could configure it to work and on the next restart, it would stop working, but it keeps working for me now on each restart. Here it is tonight:

Thank You,
    baaaaad, three weekend days of rain in Texas, like here in Italy.... too bad, no beach...
    updated everything, no improvement, no weather broadcast on linux here.... only rain without know before...

Blog Entries

Weather seems to be working fine since the update to KDE 4.10.3.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

Weather seems to be working fine since the update to KDE 4.10.3.
    tried with KDE4.10.4 "release 569" the LCD weather doesn't works, the other doesn't crash anymore but also doesn't works...

Give plasmoid-yawp (yet-another-weather-plasmoid) a try you might be pleasantly surprised

Quote Originally Posted by imabe View Post
    Give plasmoid-yawp (yet-another-weather-plasmoid) a try you might be pleasantly surprised
    good!!, it works!!!, manythanks

I also use the YAWP plasmoid in 12.3 and it works well.
    I've had similar problems in openSUSE and/or Fedora 18 with weather plasmoids.
    In some cases they are not able to reload themselves, even acting manually (for instance, when you resume the machine from a suspension state).
    It's probably a problem within plasma desktop.
    Restarting plasma solves the problem:
    Code:
    kquitapp plasma-desktop
    plasma-desktop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast