Eject/Umount graphically without kio_sysinfo

Hi,

I have just installes opensuse 12.3 and I miss very much kio_sysinfo (“MyComputer”).

I know there is a kio_sysinfo available from another repo (software.opensuse.org: Install package home:sumski:krap / kio_sysinfo), I will use it if needed, but I fear that sooner or later this will be not supported anymore so I am looking for another solution from the out-of-the box distro.

I know that the official answer from suse guys is that kinfocenter took the place of kio_sysinfo.
That might be the case for the INFO on the system but I still miss something fundamental which kio_sysinfo does and kinfocenter not (at least I do not find it … tell me if I am wrong): eject/umnount devices graphically.

It was great to right click on a device and be able to “disconnect” it (eject for an optical device, umount for a HD/stick). Simply: that’s how it should be.

I know I can do everything from console but I do not think it is a nice solution even because sometimes you need to became root to let the system accept the command: everything is fine but it is really really not user friendly.

Please tell me how to do this in opensuse 12.3 out-of-the-box (say + packman) GRAPHICALLY.

Thanks.

One of the mods wrote a tool to install it https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/s-k-s-i-suse-automated-kde-sysinfo-installer-version-1-0-0-opensuse-12-3-136/

I alway use the device notifier from the applets. It tells you when you connect a “come and go” storage device (by popping up). But you can also let it pop-up by clicking ob it. From there you can start several programs (like dolphin) direct for it. And there is the unmount/eject button also.

Am 22.04.2013 10:26, schrieb hcvv:
>
> I alway use the device notifier from the applets. It tells you when you
> connect a “come and go” storage device (by popping up). But you can also
> let it pop-up by clicking ob it. From there you can start several
> programs (like dolphin) direct for it. And there is the unmount/eject
> button also.
>
>
you can also mount/unmount the non removable devices in dolphin (will
ask for root password of course if it is not user mountable)

PC: oS 12.3 x86_64 | i7-2600@3.40GHz | 16GB | KDE 4.10.0 | GTX 650 Ti
ThinkPad E320: oS 12.3 x86_64 | i3@2.30GHz | 8GB | KDE 4.10.0 | HD 3000
HannsBook: oS 12.3 x86_64 | SU4100@1.3GHz | 2GB | KDE 4.10.0 | GMA4500

And on the “Computer” tab in the KDE startmenu (kickoff) your (removable) devices are listed, too.
Right-click on an entry there and select “Safely Remove”.

I’ve been using KDE4 since 4.2 and never, ever, noticed that. There’s always something to learn, thanks.