Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send package downloads?

  1. #1

    Default Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send package downloads?

    Where is the YaSt software respository and where to send package downloads?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send packagedownloads?

    On 2013-04-21 00:26, ry2dssrt wrote:
    >
    > Where is the YaSt software respository and where to send package
    > downloads?


    I don't understand your question. Could you expand it?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.1 x86_64 "Asparagus" at Telcontar)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send package downloads?

    Quote Originally Posted by ry2dssrt View Post
    Where is the YaSt software respository and where to send package downloads?
    Are you trying to install RPMs saved to your computer? In a terminal, this is simple,

    Code:
    cd path/to/downloads
    zypper in <packagename-xxx.rpm>
    You can also add a local directory as a repository. Just do

    Code:
    zypper ar -ft plaindir /path/to/local/repo Local
    This can also be done with the repository manager in YaST.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send package downloads?

    Quote Originally Posted by ry2dssrt View Post
    Where is the YaSt software respository and where to send package downloads?
    Start reading here doc.opensuse.org - Documentation Guides & Manuals according to the version of openSUSE you use.
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,996

    Default Re: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send package downloads?

    And at least tell which version of openSUSE this is about.
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send package downloads?

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    And at least tell which version of openSUSE this is about.
    Sorry, I am using openSUSE 12.3 64-bit. I still haven't learned how to download and install packages. I will read the suggested documentation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send packagedownloads?

    On 2013-04-22 01:26, ry2dssrt wrote:
    >
    > hcvv;2549635 Wrote:
    >> And at least tell which version of openSUSE this is about.

    >
    > Sorry, I am using openSUSE 12.3 64-bit. I still haven't learned how to
    > download and install packages. I will read the suggested documentation.


    Just click on "yast", provide the required password, select the
    "software management" module, and click on what you want to install,
    accept. That's all.


    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.1 x86_64 "Asparagus" at Telcontar)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send packagedownloads?

    On 04/22/2013 02:08 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > Just click on "yast", provide the required password, select the
    > "software management" module, and click on what you want to install,
    > accept. That's all.


    hmmmm, you missed a few steps (maybe they are obvious, but):

    -click on "yast"

    -provide the required password

    -select the "software management" module

    -type what you look for in the blank box left of the "Search" button

    -click "Search" button

    -look at the resulting list and left click on what you want to install

    -if YaST suggests to also install additional things, those ARE
    (usually) required for expected functions

    -press the "Accept" button

    -WAIT for YaST to complete the installation (usually, clicking the
    "Abort" button brings nothing but trouble)

    --
    dd
    http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Where is the YaSt software respositry and where to send packagedownloads?

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverD View Post
    On 04/22/2013 02:08 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > Just click on "yast", provide the required password, select the
    > "software management" module, and click on what you want to install,
    > accept. That's all.


    hmmmm, you missed a few steps (maybe they are obvious, but):

    -click on "yast"

    -provide the required password

    -select the "software management" module

    -type what you look for in the blank box left of the "Search" button

    -click "Search" button

    -look at the resulting list and left click on what you want to install

    -if YaST suggests to also install additional things, those ARE
    (usually) required for expected functions

    -press the "Accept" button

    -WAIT for YaST to complete the installation (usually, clicking the
    "Abort" button brings nothing but trouble)

    --
    dd
    DD Caveat
    op doesn't mention anywhere that he/she uses KDE/QT based YaST where we need to press the search button https://forums.opensuse.org/search.php?searchid=1335028
    GTK version of YaST doesn't have search button. It will *search* as you type in
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •