Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin directory thumbnail (folder icon)

Default Dolphin directory thumbnail (folder icon)

Hi,

after updating to 12.3 I noticed that I no longer have directory thumbnail in Dolphin. In previous release if I have pictures in the folder and I enable Preview I could see those pictures inside folder's icon. But it doesn't happen, the icon is always default

All pictures and video are showing preview (for video mplayer used). "Directory" is checked in Preview settings of Dolphin

Anybody knows if there is resolution or workaround?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Dolphin directory thumbnail (folder icon)

Quote Originally Posted by tosiara View Post
    Hi,

after updating to 12.3 I noticed that I no longer have directory thumbnail in Dolphin. In previous release if I have pictures in the folder and I enable Preview I could see those pictures inside folder's icon. But it doesn't happen, the icon is always default

All pictures and video are showing preview (for video mplayer used). "Directory" is checked in Preview settings of Dolphin

Anybody knows if there is resolution or workaround?

Thanks
    So, If I understand the problem, this seems to be working on my openSUSE 12.3 install:

How did you "upgrade" to openSUSE 12.3? I did a clean install, but kept my /home partition the same and unformatted, thus keeping all personnel settings.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Dolphin directory thumbnail (folder icon)

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So, If I understand the problem, this seems to be working on my openSUSE 12.3 install:

How did you "upgrade" to openSUSE 12.3? I did a clean install, but kept my /home partition the same and unformatted, thus keeping all personnel settings.
    Hi,

I did exactly the same - clean install with separate home.
    Some folders do have thumbs, but there is one of them which I can't make showing.

At the top it looks like this:

When I enter inside there are subfolders with photos from digital camera:

Those subfolders contains JPEGs 6-10 MB. But there is no setting for limit size of local files, I found only setting for remote files. When I enter each of subfolders - preview works fine, every thumbnail is shown

How to make subfolders to show directory thumb?

Blog Entries

Hi,

I did exactly the same - clean install with separate home.
    Some folders do have thumbs, but there is one of them which I can't make showing.

At the top it looks like this:

When I enter inside there are subfolders with photos from digital camera:

Those subfolders contains JPEGs 6-10 MB. But there is no setting for limit size of local files, I found only setting for remote files. When I enter each of subfolders - preview works fine, every thumbnail is shown

How to make subfolders to show directory thumb?
    In such a case where some work and others do not, make a note of the ones that don't. I would assume they are not supported by dolphin for some reason.

Thank You,

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    In such a case where some work and others do not, make a note of the ones that don't. I would assume they are not supported by dolphin for some reason.
    I have uploaded a sample ZIP folder with one JPEG inside: 105_0414.zip — Yandex.Disk
    Could you please extract it and let me know if it is generating folder icon on your system?
    Thanks
    Code:
    $ md5sum IMGP5587.JPG 
    c322fdda9bba97d5337812d36f9849e6  IMGP5587.JPG

$ file IMGP5587.JPG 
    IMGP5587.JPG: JPEG image data, EXIF standard

$ mediainfo IMGP5587.JPG 
    General
    Complete name                            : IMGP5587.JPG                                                                                             
    Format                                   : JPEG                                                                                                     
    File size                                : 6.27 MiB                                                                                                 

Image                                                                                                                                               
    Format                                   : JPEG                                                                                                     
    Width                                    : 3 936 pixels                                                                                             
    Height                                   : 2 624 pixels                                                                                             
    Color space                              : YUV                                                                                                      
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:2                                                                                                    
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits                                                                                                   
    Compression mode                         : Lossy                                                                                                    
    Stream size                              : 6.27 MiB (100%)

a folder which contains images is shown as a standard folder (with the
    standard icon) if there is no picture directly in it but if it only
    contains further folders which in turn have the images in them

is that your situation?

--
    PC: oS 12.3 x86_64 | i7-2600@3.40GHz | 16GB | KDE 4.10.0 | GTX 650 Ti
    ThinkPad E320: oS 12.3 x86_64 | i3@2.30GHz | 8GB | KDE 4.10.2 | HD 3000
    HannsBook: oS 12.3 x86_64 | SU4100@1.3GHz | 2GB | KDE 4.10.0 | GMA4500

Quote Originally Posted by martin_helm View Post
    a folder which contains images is shown as a standard folder
    is that your situation?
    yes, this is my case. some folders which have images shown as standard folder.
    please see link to sample directory and file in my previous post
    Thanks

Am 14.04.2013 18:46, schrieb tosiara:
    > please see link to sample directory and file in my previous post
    > Thanks
    >

When I unpack this it shows immediately a picture icon for the 105_0414
    folder which it creates on a stock 12.3 openSUSE with the standard KDE
    version.

--

You could delete the .thumbnails directory in your home directory to
    force recreation of all thumbnails.

--

Blog Entries

yes, this is my case. some folders which have images shown as standard folder.
    please see link to sample directory and file in my previous post
    Thanks
    Based on my testing with the file you sent its too big apparently for the thumbnailer to work properly. Open up the document with Gwenview, resize to 1024x682 and save as IMGP5587x.jpg and then see it in the folder preview. The size of 3936x2624 is just too big, but I don't know what the limit is, but it is less.

Thank You,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast