Thread: 100% CPU usage by tracker-store process

Question 100% CPU usage by tracker-store process

Hello all!

I was really pleased by openSUSE which I have used before few months. I was using 12.1 (64 bit) but since one moment at every start the OS immediately slowed or completely refused to work. I found that the process tracker-store consumes almost all the CPU resources and I had to stop it manually just to begin working normally. Is that some bug or is it fixed in the newer versions of openSUSE (if this is some widey met problem in general)?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: 100% CPU usage by tracker-store process

Quote Originally Posted by HackLover View Post
    Hello all!

I was really pleased by openSUSE which I have used before few months. I was using 12.1 (64 bit) but since one moment at every start the OS immediately slowed or completely refused to work. I found that the process tracker-store consumes almost all the CPU resources and I had to stop it manually just to begin working normally. Is that some bug or is it fixed in the newer versions of openSUSE (if this is some widey met problem in general)?
    Thanks!
    So I do recall seeing issues with Tracker back then and some people even uninstalled it. But, its not an issue with openSUSE 12.3 these days and openSUSE 12.1 support will end in just about a month. Why not consider moving up to openSUSE 12.3?

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

Default Re: 100% CPU usage by tracker-store process

You might fiddle with Alt+F2 ==> tracker-preferences and check what happens
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Default Re: 100% CPU usage by tracker-store process

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So I do recall seeing issues with Tracker back then and some people even uninstalled it. But, its not an issue with openSUSE 12.3 these days and openSUSE 12.1 support will end in just about a month. Why not consider moving up to openSUSE 12.3?

Thank You,
    Yes, I'm about to move to 12. 3 / XFCE in the near days, just want to ensure if this is only problem of my system or it is an issue in general
    Thanks for the replies!