Problems using Bijiben and Gnome Weather (GNOME 3.8)

After upgrading from 3.6 to 3.8 I manually installed bijiben and gnome-weather since they were both missing. However, they don’t function quite well. Bijiben crashes with a “segmentation fault” error whenever I click the “new” button and gnome-weather never launches. This is its terminal output: “Unsatisfied dependency: Requiring GWeather, version 3.0: Typelib file for namespace ‘GWeather’, version ‘3.0’ not found”
I tried installing libgweather manually but that didn’t fix the problem. Any idea what I should do?

Hi
Is typelib-1_0-GWeather-3_0 installed?

No it wasn’t! Thank you for pointing that out. Gnome-weather works like a charm now :slight_smile:

Hi
And what about Bijiben, is that still seg faulting?

Unfortunately, yes. Bijiben still crashes due to a segmentation fault whenever I click the “new” button.

On Fri 12 Apr 2013 09:36:02 AM CDT, Vagrant232 wrote:

malcolmlewis;2546920 Wrote:
> Hi
> And what about Bijiben, is that still seg faulting?

Unfortunately, yes. Bijiben still crashes due to a segmentation fault
whenever I click the “new” button.

Hi
OK, can you add the debug package and run with gdb;

zypper in bijiben-debuginfo gdb
gdb bijiben
> run

See anything interesting in the output?

I have 3.8 running on my test machine and it can add a new note without
issues.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) Kernel 3.7.10-1.1-desktop
up 10:10, 3 users, load average: 0.19, 0.12, 0.07
CPU Intel® i5 CPU M520@2.40GHz | GPU Intel® Ironlake Mobile

The terminal output kept showing that debug info for several libs is missing. Here’s the output: SUSE Paste

Hi
Hmmm do you have a custom theme running?

Can you verify that the adwaita theme is installed?

zypper se -i adwaita
zypper if gtk3-theming-engine-adwaita

Yeah, I’ve got Faience installed and in use.
Here’s the output for zypper se -i adwaita

S | Name                        | Summary                              | Type   
--+-----------------------------+--------------------------------------+--------
i | gtk2-metatheme-adwaita      | Adwaita GNOME Theme -- GTK+ 2 Supp-> | package
i | gtk2-theming-engine-adwaita | Adwaita GTK+ Theming Engine          | package
i | gtk3-metatheme-adwaita      | Adwaita GNOME Theme -- GTK+ 3 Supp-> | package
i | gtk3-theming-engine-adwaita | Adwaita GTK+ Theming Engine          | package
i | metatheme-adwaita-common    | Adwaita GNOME Theme -- Common Files  | package

And here’s the output for zypper if gtk3-theming-engine-adwaita

Information for package gtk3-theming-engine-adwaita:

Repository: openSUSE:Tumbleweed:GNOME
Name: gtk3-theming-engine-adwaita
Version: 3.8.0-2.1
Arch: i586
Vendor: obs://build.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Tumbleweed
Installed: Yes
Installed Size: 17.6 KiB
Summary: Adwaita GTK+ Theming Engine
Description: 
Adwaita is the default GNOME theme in GNOME 3.

I switched the theme to Adwaita and Bijiben still crashed due to a segmentation fault

Tumbleweed repo??? There are no builds for bijiben in Tumbleweed…

software.opensuse.org:

Can you confirm you repositories;

zypper lr -d

Here’s the list of repositories: | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI - Pastebin.com](http://pastebin.com/3ak0RUdZ)
I’m sorry I couldn’t use paste.opensuse because it kept accusing me of being a spammer. Anyhow, I got the GNOME 3.8 update via the GNOME:Stable repo about six hours earlier than its release through the tumbleweed repo. Zypper then switched vendors and redownloaded it from the tumbleweed repo. I attempted to install bijiben via zypper in bijiben and later via 1-click-install. However, the problem persists in both methods. I apologize for any novice actions I’ve commited. I’ve only been using Linux for a year and I’ve still got much to learn.

Hi
Not sure where to begin with a repository list that large… are you sure you need all those and a mixture or releases including SLE…

I have no idea on the tumbleweed side of things and where it’s actually coming from…

It should have switched and not asked to change vendors (as in tumbleweed), so not sure how much help I can be in this case :frowning:

According to this post Google Workspace Updates: New community features for Google Chat and an update on Currents the problem seems to be related to the architecture. The x64 version is running smoothly while the x32 version is crashing due to a segmentation fault. Anyhow you’ve helped me get gnome-weather running and that’s more than enough to earn my gratitude. I’m sorry If I bore you with my issues and thank you :slight_smile:

Hi
Yes I run x86_64, not bored with your issues at all, but you should really look at cleaning up your repositories…

If your only grabbing one or two rpms from some of those home repos, I would create a local directory and just use that to dump rpms into for install. You can create a local repo as a plain rpm one, then that would get the extensive list reduced :wink:

Need to wait and see if the bug can be sorted.

Haha well actually I’ve been meaning to sort my repos for a week or two but it always seems like such a chore and keep on procrastinating