Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TeamViewer 8 on Opensuse 12.3 cannot be logged in by other computer

Default Re: TeamViewer 8 on Opensuse 12.3 cannot be logged in by othercomputer

Saw this in some ubuntu forum , the problem is actually you have to register teamviewer with systemctl .
    Please execute "teamviewer --daemon enable" as root and it will work fine after that . At least thats what happened in my opensuse 12.2 /TV 8 .

teamviewer --daemon status show current status of the TeamViewer daemon
    teamviewer --daemon start start TeamViewer daemon
    teamviewer --daemon stop stop TeamViewer daemon
    teamviewer --daemon restart stop/start TeamViewer daemon
    teamviewer --daemon disable disable TeamViewer daemon - don't start daemon on system startup
    teamviewer --daemon enable enable TeamViewer daemon - start daemon on system startup
    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:26:02 +0000, malcolmlewis wrote:

> Hi Here is the complete user logfile on the 12.3 machine...
    > 'SUSE Paste' (SUSE Paste)

Thanks - I'll take a look at it when I have a few minutes and compare to
    my log. Are you running this with the app running in the foreground, or
    just using their new background service?

Jim
    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at openSUSE Forums FAQ

Default Re: TeamViewer 8 on Opensuse 12.3 cannot be logged in by other computer

Just want to tell you that after stopped trying for several weeks, TeamViewer is working properly now.

I am not sure what I did right, but my guess is that I installed Gnome recently, maybe TeamViewer needs some of its libraries...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocid View Post
    I am not sure what I did right, but my guess is that I installed Gnome recently, maybe TeamViewer needs some of its libraries...
    Did you recently update wine? teamviewer is not a native linux app and it uses wine.
    openSUSE 12.3 (x86_64) with Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop and KDE 4.11.2 on MacBook Pro
    Latest MS Windows version used: Win95

Quote Originally Posted by syampillai View Post
    Did you recently update wine? teamviewer is not a native linux app and it uses wine.
    Yes, you could be right. I am not sure if WINE is updated recently(how can I see the log?), but I use zypper to update the software on my system when it suggests me to do so....

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocid View Post
    Yes, you could be right. I am not sure if WINE is updated recently(how can I see the log?), but I use zypper to update the software on my system when it suggests me to do so....
    You can see installation logs in YaST Software Manager regardless of whther zypper or YaST is used for package management
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12