Thread: nVidia glitch in 12.3?

Default nVidia glitch in 12.3?

I have recently upgraded or freshly installed 12.3 on three PCs that ran 12.2 before. Two of them run fine, and I note that their graphics is ATI, but the third - running on board nVidia 7025 chipset - has a strange glitch. Roughly 70% of the time when I log in the keyboard freezes half way through the process (after the background appears and some of the windows from the previous session have been restored), the mouse becomes unresponsive and a few seconds later the screen is a complete mess, looking like one tiny part of the background has been copied hundreds of time across it.

Before I report a bug I would like to ask if anyone else has similar problems? It is intermittent - I do manage to log in safely from time to time, but it is very irritating.

Thanks,

Abe

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

Default Re: nVidia glitch in 12.3?

If you have nvidia you need to do this
    Code:
    sudo usermod -A video yourusername
    source:- https://lizards.opensuse.org/2013/03...vidia-drivers/
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Smile Re: nVidia glitch in 12.3?

Quote Originally Posted by naimab View Post
    I have recently upgraded or freshly installed 12.3 on three PCs that ran 12.2 before. Two of them run fine, and I note that their graphics is ATI, but the third - running on board nVidia 7025 chipset - has a strange glitch. Roughly 70% of the time when I log in the keyboard freezes half way through the process (after the background appears and some of the windows from the previous session have been restored), the mouse becomes unresponsive and a few seconds later the screen is a complete mess, looking like one tiny part of the background has been copied hundreds of time across it.

Before I report a bug I would like to ask if anyone else has similar problems? It is intermittent - I do manage to log in safely from time to time, but it is very irritating.

Thanks,

Abe
    If you are sticking with the open source video driver, I would consider a kernel upgrade. Have a look here: openSUSE and Installing New Linux Kernel Versions - Blogs - openSUSE Forums

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas