Thread: Mount parttions with KDE automount and adding other Trash folders to Ktrash?

Default Mount parttions with KDE automount and adding other Trash folders to Ktrash?

Hallo Dear OpenSUSE Community

ON my Notebook HP dv-6 with OpenSUSE 12.3 x64 I want to mount my Partitions with the KDE auto mount option in the KDE settings but without editing the fstab so as normal user.
    I have an 500 GB HDD with OpenSUSE and Chakra Linux and Kuubuntu 12.04 and Win7 + an big ext4 partition with 330 GB.
    I have mounted the big ext4 partition with Yast and adding a mount point to /media.

So my question is it possible to mount all my partitions with the KDE auto mount option without editing the fstab somehow as a normal user?

The standard trash location for KDE is /.locale/share/Trash but I if I mount other internal partitions like the above ext4 330 GB all files that I delete goes there so if I delete very big files it takes to much time transferring to the Home partition.

On Kubuntu and Chakra I can mount partitions as normal use so I can use the KDE auto mount option and the ext4 330 GB partition has its own .Trash-1000 folder and both use this folder for trash files on this ext4 partition.

So my question is how can I make OpenSUSE KDE use the .Trash-1000 folder on another partition?
    and maybe it is related to the first question.

This is not a big Problem but if someone know how to do this please tell me.

Default Re: Mount parttions with KDE automount and adding other Trash folders to Ktrash?

My question is related to this thread, how can I say to KDE where to mount partitions????
    thnx, ciao, :-) P.

Default Re: Mount parttions with KDE automount and adding other Trash folders to Ktrash?

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    My question is related to this thread, how can I say to KDE where to mount partitions????
    thnx, ciao, :-) P.
    Easy in other distros like Kubuntu and Chkra Linux you go to KDE settings Hardware -Removable devices and enable auto mount and check the partitions you want to mount but on OpenSUSE this can not do a normal user so it do not work this way but maybe it can so I have posted this thread.

You can mount partitions with editing /ets/fstab or simply go to Yast Partitioner and set the right mount points for your partitions.

Quote Originally Posted by NatsuPower View Post
    Easy in other distros like Kubuntu and Chkra Linux you go to KDE settings Hardware -Removable devices and enable auto mount and check the partitions you want to mount but on OpenSUSE this can not do a normal user so it do not work this way but maybe it can so I have posted this thread.

You can mount partitions with editing /ets/fstab or simply go to Yast Partitioner and set the right mount points for your partitions.
    Yes this I know, and works also in opensuse, but, I would like to decide where KDE has to mount my paritions instead to edit fstab, is it possible???

thnx, ciao, P

Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    Yes this I know, and works also in opensuse, but, I would like to decide where KDE has to mount my paritions instead to edit fstab, is it possible???

thnx, ciao, P
    OpenSUSE standard mount point for partitions and removable media is /var/run/media but in Kubuntu and Chakra Linux it is /media so yeah I think this is possible but I do not know how.