libreoffice 3.x and 4.x crashes after start.

I am encountering this problem on a machine with 12.3, 32 bit, libreoffice (with the original and then also with the 4.x version from the repo. Since this happens only on one machine with 32 bit while on another the program is stable I wanted ask for advice before filing a bug-repot. The program crashes without any command one the interface opens. Running “libreoffice” from terminal throws the following output before the crash:

libreoffice
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/56-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
profiling:/home/abuild:Cannot create directory
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/nativeapi/mysql_native_resultset_wrapper.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/nativeapi/mysql_native_statement_wrapper.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/nativeapi/mysql_native_connection_wrapper.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/nativeapi/mysql_native_driver_wrapper.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/nativeapi/mysql_client_api.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_uri.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_warning.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_util.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_statement.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_resultset_metadata.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_resultset.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_resultbind.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_ps_resultset_metadata.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_ps_resultset.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_prepared_statement.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_parameter_metadata.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_metadata.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_driver.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_debug.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_connection.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_art_rset_metadata.cpp.gcda:Skip
profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c++-1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/mysql_art_resultset.cpp.gcda:Skip
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/56-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.

I will be happy for any comment, seems that mysql / mariadb change is cause of the problem but I do not understand why.

On 2013-03-29 10:36, stakanov wrote:

> Code:
> --------------------
> libreoffice
> Fontconfig warning: “/etc/fonts/conf.d/56-user.conf”, line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
> profiling:/home/abuild:Cannot create directory
> profiling:/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/mysql-connector-c+±1.1.1/driver/CMakeFiles/mysqlcppconn.dir/nativeapi/mysql_native_resultset_wrapper.cpp.gcda:Skip
> profiling:/home/abuild:Cannot create directory

> --------------------

It appears to be attempting to build code :-o

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 12.1 x86_64 “Asparagus” at Telcontar)

Yeap, from a java application that would be also expected sometimes (I had once a statistical program working with spaghetti code) but on this PC (it is the home PC of my parents) it is not expected. I could be an issue of an older setting of libreoffice with msql, but i cannot imagine at what point this came in. It was a very basic and normal install, so how can it possibly differ from the rest of the others installs of our machine where the same situation gives a nicely working LO. … Maybe I really should post a bug report.

On 2013-03-29 11:46, stakanov wrote:
> Maybe I
> really should post a bug report.

Try the mail list first. Some of the LO package maintainers may read it.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

i upgraded to 4.x from Libreoffice repos on openSUSE 12.3 and it works for me. Machine config in my sig

yeap, this must be a “reminiscence” of mysql because I am running the original 3.x version and the 4.0 version on a 32 bit machine with 32 bit and it runs flawlessly. A doubt comes to my mind, with the one having the problem I am running btrfs on “/” … but that should not make a difference, should it. …

I tried by they don’t want me…:‘(:’(

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org>:
host mx2.suse.de [195.135.220.15]: 550 <opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

On 2013-03-29 15:26, stakanov wrote:

> I tried by they don’t want me…:’(:’(

Huh?

>> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
>>
>> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
>> failed:
>>
>> opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org
>> SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>> TO:<opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org>:
>> host mx2.suse.de [195.135.220.15]: 550
>> <opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org>:
>> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

Oh… :frowning:

Try again another day. It should be a temporary problem. If it doesn’t,
tell me and I’ll try myself.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

Seems to be a persistent error:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org>:
host mx2.suse.de [195.135.220.15]: 550 <opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org>:
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <stakanov@freenet.de>
Received: from [195.4.xx.xxx] (helo=mjail2.freenet.de)
by mout3.freenet.de with esmtpa (ID stakanov@freenet.de) (port 25) (Exim 4.80.1 #2)
id 1ULrE1-0005b1-Kk
for opensuse-subscribe@opensuse.org; Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:33:21 +0100

On 2013-03-30 10:36, stakanov wrote:
> Seems to be a persistent error:

I’m testing myself. So far, it is working.

As I think I have your email, I will try it and then we can continue in
private, as this is not directly related to libreoffice.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

On 2013-03-30 16:38, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2013-03-30 10:36, stakanov wrote:
>> Seems to be a persistent error:
>
> I’m testing myself. So far, it is working.
>
> As I think I have your email, I will try it and then we can continue in
> private, as this is not directly related to libreoffice.

I unsusbscribed, then subscribed again from the test list, it worked
fine. Address is:

opensuse-test+subscribe@opensuse.org

Please, if you got my private email I just sent, answer there. If that
was not your address, please tell me which via PM in the forum, so we
can continue the matter outside of this thread.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

O.K. after fiddling around quite a bit we are here:
a new virgin user on the same machine has no problem, the program starts well.
After having cleaning remains of preceding installations also with bleachbit and by hand, the program gets now to start up but when selecting libreoffice-writer from the preselection panel it crashes without comment.
Eventually running libreoffice from terminal gives some more info:

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xaf05cee3, pid=5819, tid=2982295680
#
# JRE version: 7.0_17-b02
# Java VM: OpenJDK Client VM (23.7-b01 mixed mode linux-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libpolyester.so+0x1bee3]  PolyesterStyle::drawComplexControl(QStyle::ComplexControl, QStyleOptionComplex const*, QPainter*, QWidget const*) const+0x16f3
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/user/hs_err_pid5819.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please include
# instructions on how to reproduce the bug and visit:
#   http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla

I have the doubt that polyester style was installed before and now is not. I will search for it and install it if applicable and then report back here on the result.

by eliminating the package polyester (both packages completely, the situation was solved. Apparently some polyester style settings have a problem with the open-java of openSUSE…

On 2013-04-01 11:46, stakanov wrote:
>
> by eliminating the package polyester (both packages completely, the
> situation was solved. Apparently some polyester style settings have a
> problem with the open-java of openSUSE…

Report that in bugzilla, please :slight_smile:

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

Bug 812709 SubmittedMuchas gracias por tu ayudo.
Hasta pronto.