Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: VMWare Player and OpenSUSE12.3 = Problem. Please, Help me.

  1. #1

    Default VMWare Player and OpenSUSE12.3 = Problem. Please, Help me.

    OpenSUSE12.3 x86.
    Download VMware-Player-3.1.6-744570.i386.bundle = OK.
    Install VMware-Player-3.1.6-744570.i386.bundle = OK
    Run ( under user ) "VMWare Player" and have this Error/Warning:
    Code:
    VMWare kernel module Updater.
    Before you can run VMWare, several modules must be compiled and loaded into the running kernel.
    
    Kernel Headers 3.7.10-1.1-desktop
    
    Kernel headers for version 3.7.10-1.1-desktop where not found. If you installed them in a non-default path you can specify the path below. Otherwise refer to your distribution`s documentation for installation instructions and click Refresh to search again in default locations.
    This is installed packets:
    Code:
    # rpm -qa | grep -i kernel
    kernel-default-devel-3.7.10-1.1.1.i586
    kernel-pae-devel-3.7.10-1.1.1.i686
    kernel-devel-3.7.10-1.1.1.noarch
    kernel-desktop-devel-3.7.10-1.1.1.i686
    texlive-l3kernel-2012.60.svn_3570svn26111-4.2.1.noarch
    kernel-syms-3.7.10-1.1.1.i586
    kernel-desktop-3.7.10-1.1.1.i686
    patterns-openSUSE-devel_kernel-12.3-7.10.1.i586
    kernel-xen-devel-3.7.10-1.1.1.i686
    kernel-source-3.7.10-1.1.1.noarch
    
     # uname -a
    Linux kaplinux.ami.ua 3.7.10-1.1-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 28 15:06:29 UTC 2013 (82d3f21) i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    Please, help me.

    Serg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: VMWare Player and OpenSUSE12.3 = Problem. Please, Help me.

    On 2013-03-28 16:06, skoltogyan wrote:
    >
    > OpenSUSE12.3 x86.
    > Download VMware-Player-3.1.6-744570.i386.bundle = OK.


    Huh? Why are you attempting to use version 3, when current is version 5?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.1 x86_64 "Asparagus" at Telcontar)

  3. #3

    Default Re: VMWare Player and OpenSUSE12.3 = Problem. Please, Help me.

    Quote Originally Posted by robin_listas View Post
    On 2013-03-28 16:06, skoltogyan wrote:
    >
    > OpenSUSE12.3 x86.
    > Download VMware-Player-3.1.6-744570.i386.bundle = OK.


    Huh? Why are you attempting to use version 3, when current is version 5?

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.1 x86_64 "Asparagus" at Telcontar)
    And with version 5 i gave this error....

    Why version 3 use ? Because Virtual Machines work before in this player..

    Serg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: VMWare Player and OpenSUSE12.3 = Problem. Please, Help me.

    On 2013-03-29 07:56, skoltogyan wrote:
    >
    > robin_listas;2542192 Wrote:
    >> On 2013-03-28 16:06, skoltogyan wrote:
    >>>
    >>> OpenSUSE12.3 x86.
    >>> Download VMware-Player-3.1.6-744570.i386.bundle = OK.

    >>
    >> Huh? Why are you attempting to use version 3, when current is version
    >> 5?



    > And with version 5 i gave this error....


    Which error? You have not posted it. Just "..." then empty space.

    > Why version 3 use ? Because Virtual Machines work before in this
    > player..


    But no longer. To use version 3 you will have to patch it heavily so
    that it finds headers and things - and then it may work or not.


    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.1 x86_64 "Asparagus" at Telcontar)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    where I am is where I am
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: VMWare Player and OpenSUSE12.3 = Problem. Please, Help me.

    Ok, 1st thing to do is to get yourself VMware player 5 get it to your Downloads Folder leave it there for now.
    Next thing do this:
    For step 1 as root It is OK to C & P This
    Code:
    #zypper in cmake kernel-source kernel-devel kernel-syms gcc gcc-c++ linux-glibc-devel binutils gcc47 libgcc47 libgcc47-32bit libgcj47 libvmtools0 open-vm-tools open-vm-tools-gui vmware-guest-kmp-desktop
    For step 2(DO NOT C & P THIS) In Konsole as root type in
    Code:
    #sh /home/yourusername/Downloads/VMware-Player-5.0.2-1031769.x86_64.bundle
    Meaning that you would put in whatever you have as your user name & if you've kept the Player in your Downloads Folder that command line will tell your PC where to find it. You'll have to type this yourself as it is highly unlikely you'd name yourself "yourusername" this is why you do not C & P this.
    As An example in my case I typed mine in so that it looked like this
    Code:
    # sh /home/robbie/Downloads/VMware-Player-5.0.2-1031769.x86_64.bundle
    Step 3 still as root it is OK to C & P this.
    Code:
    #vmware-modconfig --console --install-all
    When you copy leave out the "#" sign!
    Do that & you should have a VMware player that works!
    I'm just a curious cat
    My 64 bit: RADEON RX 570 |CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600
    MOTHERBOARD B450M D53H GGABYTE
    Opensuse Tumbleweed Plasma 5

  6. #6

    Default Re: VMWare Player and OpenSUSE12.3 = Problem. Please, Help me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sagemta View Post
    Ok, 1st thing to do is to get yourself VMware player 5 get it to your Downloads Folder leave it there for now.
    Next thing do this:
    For step 1 as root It is OK to C & P This
    Code:
    #zypper in cmake kernel-source kernel-devel kernel-syms gcc gcc-c++ linux-glibc-devel binutils gcc47 libgcc47 libgcc47-32bit libgcj47 libvmtools0 open-vm-tools open-vm-tools-gui vmware-guest-kmp-desktop
    For step 2(DO NOT C & P THIS) In Konsole as root type in
    Code:
    #sh /home/yourusername/Downloads/VMware-Player-5.0.2-1031769.x86_64.bundle
    Meaning that you would put in whatever you have as your user name & if you've kept the Player in your Downloads Folder that command line will tell your PC where to find it. You'll have to type this yourself as it is highly unlikely you'd name yourself "yourusername" this is why you do not C & P this.
    As An example in my case I typed mine in so that it looked like this
    Code:
    # sh /home/robbie/Downloads/VMware-Player-5.0.2-1031769.x86_64.bundle
    Step 3 still as root it is OK to C & P this.
    Code:
    #vmware-modconfig --console --install-all
    When you copy leave out the "#" sign!
    Do that & you should have a VMware player that works!
    Thank you !
    This is WORK ! ! !

    Serg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •