Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Qt RPM installation applet being used instead of GTK

  1. #11

    Default Re: Qt RPM installation applet being used instead of GTK

    Thanks for the tip. I resized and uploaded the image. I kept it slightly large so that the details of the UI can still be visible.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Qt RPM installation applet being used instead of GTK

    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant232 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I resized and uploaded the image. I kept it slightly large so that the details of the UI can still be visible.
    How did you get Cinnamon? i Don't see Cinnamon in 12.3 repos
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  3. #13

    Default Re: Qt RPM installation applet being used instead of GTK

    Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    How did you get Cinnamon? i Don't see Cinnamon in 12.3 repos
    Uhmmmm ... This is gnome-shell 3.6 not Cinnamon
    And you can install the cinnamon desktop with a single click : software.opensuse.org:

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: Qt RPM installation applet being used instead of GTK

    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant232 View Post
    Uhmmmm ... This is gnome-shell 3.6 not Cinnamon
    And you can install the cinnamon desktop with a single click : software.opensuse.org:
    Is that Shell 3.6? i see an infinity symbol at the top left hand side and hence i thought it is cinnamon
    We had semi-official packages for cinnamon for 12.2 . They are not yet out for 12.3 (https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GNOME_Cinnamon)
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  5. #15

    Default Re: Qt RPM installation applet being used instead of GTK

    Quote Originally Posted by vazhavandan View Post
    Is that Shell 3.6? i see an infinity symbol at the top left hand side and hence i thought it is cinnamon
    We had semi-official packages for cinnamon for 12.2 . They are not yet out for 12.3 (https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GNOME_Cinnamon)
    I'm using Faience as gnome-shell's theme. It replaces the "Acitivities" with an infinity icon.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Qt RPM installation applet being used instead of GTK

    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant232 View Post
    Uhmmmm ... This is gnome-shell 3.6 not Cinnamon
    And you can install the cinnamon desktop with a single click : software.opensuse.org:
    So the link I posted gives instructions on how to disable Apper from the KDE desktop: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Apper_troubleshooting

    I would log into KDE and bring up the KDE Service Manager, Find and Stop Apper and save your changes.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  7. #17

    Default Re: Qt RPM installation applet being used instead of GTK

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So the link I posted gives instructions on how to disable Apper from the KDE desktop: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Apper_troubleshooting

    I would log into KDE and bring up the KDE Service Manager, Find and Stop Apper and save your changes.

    Thank You,
    Yes, I did exactly that and apper still handles .rpm packages in GNOME and KDE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •