Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: transmission opensuse 12.3

  1. #1

    Default transmission opensuse 12.3

    hi everyone,

    I was installed transmission-cli as well the dependecies. However I can not start transmission-deamon application/service.
    I searched in google since 3 days ago and I can not find a usefull tutorial or post.

    Every time I try to start transmission the application say I need to add some configuration in a file and after I do that and a reboot the application do not start.

    Can someone tell me what is missing or a working tutorial ?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,567

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Xapim View Post
    hi everyone,

    I was installed transmission-cli as well the dependecies. However I can not start transmission-deamon application/service.
    I searched in google since 3 days ago and I can not find a usefull tutorial or post.

    Every time I try to start transmission the application say I need to add some configuration in a file and after I do that and a reboot the application do not start.

    Can someone tell me what is missing or a working tutorial ?

    Thanks,
    how did you install transmission?
    Did you get it from oss repo or from somewhere else?
    When you install transmission you also need to install either transmission-qt or transmission-gtk. These are not installed as dependencies when installing from the oss repo and must be added separately.

  3. #3

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    Hi farcusnz,

    I have used Yast to install transmission and transmission-common.

    Do I need install gtk or qt when I just want to use transmission with CLI and sometimes by web?


    regards,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,567

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Xapim View Post
    Hi farcusnz,

    I have used Yast to install transmission and transmission-common.

    Do I need install gtk or qt when I just want to use transmission with CLI and sometimes by web?


    regards,
    no, you wouldn't need the qt or gtk interface to use it from command.
    In 12.2 if I install transmission it drags in transmission-common and libminiupnpc8 as dependencies.

    Once installed it just works.

    Sorry, but I don't have a 12.3 install to check on.

  5. #5

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    Im not sure about if libminiupnpc8 was been installed or not.

    I tried something like as /bin/transmission start and something like...but only got erros in console :S

    Thanks for the help anyway.

  6. #6

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    ok...after another day checking everything I can I started the transmission-daemon...however we need to get all list of running programs to find the pid to kill...
    Got a little disappointed when we saw in internet a lot of stuff as service transmission start | stop ....and we can not do the same in suse :s

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    1,567

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Xapim View Post
    ok...after another day checking everything I can I started the transmission-daemon...however we need to get all list of running programs to find the pid to kill...
    Got a little disappointed when we saw in internet a lot of stuff as service transmission start | stop ....and we can not do the same in suse :s
    sorry, but I have got no idea what you just said.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    11,470
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    Hello,
    So that people can help, you must provide detailed and accurate information. Usually, you can't just say some error displayed, you need to copy the entire stdout content and paste into a post using CODE tags.

    Also, today if you are running openSUSE 12.3 you should not need to find the PIDs of the child processes, systemd should automatically create a cgroup containing all the spawned child processes so that when you stop the transmission daemon process all child processes should be stopped as well.

    TSU

  9. #9

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    Hello,
    So that people can help, you must provide detailed and accurate information. Usually, you can't just say some error displayed, you need to copy the entire stdout content and paste into a post using CODE tags.

    Also, today if you are running openSUSE 12.3 you should not need to find the PIDs of the child processes, systemd should automatically create a cgroup containing all the spawned child processes so that when you stop the transmission daemon process all child processes should be stopped as well.

    TSU
    hi there tsu2,

    I will try to explain more clearly
    You can found on internet a lot of examples to start the transmission with command
    Code:
    sudo transmission service start
    or something like that

    I try the same in opensuse and I got this:
    Code:
    $ transmission start
    transmission-cli 2.75 (13675)
    [20:13:26.313] Transmission 2.75 (13675) started
    [20:13:26.313] RPC Server: Adding address to whitelist: 127.0.0.1
    [20:13:26.313] UDP: Failed to set receive buffer: requested 4194304, got 425984
    [20:13:26.313] UDP: Please add the line "net.core.rmem_max = 4194304" to /etc/sysctl.conf
    [20:13:26.313] UDP: Failed to set send buffer: requested 1048576, got 425984
    [20:13:26.313] UDP: Please add the line "net.core.wmem_max = 1048576" to /etc/sysctl.conf
    [20:13:26.313] DHT: Generating new id
    ERROR: Unrecognized torrent "start".
     * If you're trying to create a torrent, use transmission-create.
     * If you're trying to see a torrent's info, use transmission-show.
    [20:13:26.413] DHT: Not saving nodes, DHT not ready
    [20:13:26.413] Port Forwarding: Stopped
    we add the lines to the file /etc/sysctl.conf ...but the mensage don't change a word.

    after hours in internet....I enter a incompleted command:
    Code:
    transmission-daemon
    and it start running in background....how i found it? In easy way....I enter the most command in internet and it show a different message now
    Code:
     $ transmission start
    transmission-cli 2.75 (13675)
    [20:18:54.229] Transmission 2.75 (13675) started
    [20:18:54.229] RPC Server: Adding address to whitelist: 127.0.0.1
    [20:18:54.229] Couldn't bind port 51413 on 0.0.0.0: Address already in use (Is another copy of Transmission already running?)
    [20:18:54.229] Couldn't bind port 51413 on ::: Address already in use (Is another copy of Transmission already running?)
    [20:18:54.229] UDP: Couldn't bind IPv4 socket
    [20:18:54.229] DHT: Generating new id
    ERROR: Unrecognized torrent "start".
     * If you're trying to create a torrent, use transmission-create.
     * If you're trying to see a torrent's info, use transmission-show.
    [20:18:54.329] DHT: Not saving nodes, DHT not ready
    [20:18:54.329] Port Forwarding: Stopped

    and now how to stop it?? well... I try things like transmission-daemon stop....transmission-daemon kill....transmission-daemon quit.....transmission-daemon exit
    nothing work....so we need to go with brute force:
    Code:
    $ ps -e | grep transmission
    and with the output we do kill -9 <transmision PID>


    Is it easy to understand now? =)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: transmission opensuse 12.3

    On 2013-03-25 21:26, Xapim wrote:
    > nothing work....so we need to go with brute force:
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > $ ps -e | grep transmission
    > --------------------
    >
    > and with the output we do kill -9 <transmision PID>


    Code:
    killall -9 transmission
    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.1 x86_64 "Asparagus" at Telcontar)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •