Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12.3 sax2 alternative

Default 12.3 sax2 alternative

On installing OpenSuse 12.3 on a system that I'm trying to connect to my TV by HDMI, I keep running into an issue where my desktop is displaying in a larger amount of space than my TV screen. I've tried changing to a lower resolution but all that does is change the desktop "sizing" to the new resolution but it is still larger than my overall TV screen. In the past I would use sax2 to resize the desktop and reign in the desktop area boarders to fit within my screen, which does not exist anymore in the new version. Is there a graphical interface way to resize the desktop area or what would I need to add to I'm presuming the xorg-conf file to try to trial-and-error get the desktop to fit the screen correctly? The resolution is perfect, the screen size cuts off about a toolbar-and-a-half all around my screen.

Thanks

Default Re: 12.3 sax2 alternative

There is a sax3 package which you can install, I have not tried it. I
    just noticed that it is available from the standard repository in 12.3.

--
    PC: oS 12.2 x86_64 | i7-2600@3.40GHz | 16GB | KDE 4.10.1 | GTX 650 Ti
    ThinkPad E320: oS 12.2 x86_64 | i3@2.30GHz | 8GB | KDE 4.10.1 | HD 3000
    HannsBook: oS 12.3 x86_64 | SU4100@1.3GHz | 2GB | KDE 4.10.0 | GMA4500

You better had decribed your real problem in the title instead of asking for SAX2 which is depricated long ago and not replaced.
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    You better had decribed your real problem in the title instead of asking for SAX2 which is depricated long ago and not replaced.
    well from his point of view the problem seems to be that he needed an alternative for sax2.
    seems totally legit topic to me.

Blog Entries

° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by soliton4 View Post
    well from his point of view the problem seems to be that he needed an alternative for sax2.
    seems totally legit topic to me.
    I do not see it as illegit. My idea is that mentioining your real problem instead of that you got stuck in your way resolviing your problem, might be a better way to advertise to those who know.

But I see that there seems to be a replacement for sax2. Didn't know that. Let us now hope that the OP can solve his problem with sax3.
    Henk van Velden

On 2013-03-19 13:06, hcvv wrote:
    > You better had decribed your real problem in the title instead of asking
    > for SAX2 which is depricated long ago and not replaced.

It was replaced by sax3. It is in the standard repo.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 12.1 x86_64 "Asparagus" at Telcontar)

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

Quote Originally Posted by marklar23 View Post
    On installing OpenSuse 12.3 on a system that I'm trying to connect to my TV by HDMI, I keep running into an issue where my desktop is displaying in a larger amount of space than my TV screen. I've tried changing to a lower resolution but all that does is change the desktop "sizing" to the new resolution but it is still larger than my overall TV screen. In the past I would use sax2 to resize the desktop and reign in the desktop area boarders to fit within my screen, which does not exist anymore in the new version. Is there a graphical interface way to resize the desktop area or what would I need to add to I'm presuming the xorg-conf file to try to trial-and-error get the desktop to fit the screen correctly? The resolution is perfect, the screen size cuts off about a toolbar-and-a-half all around my screen.

Thanks
    I connected my tv in GNOME,openSUSE 12.2 and turned of "mirror displays" and restarted the systema dn viola the TV display was good. it is a sony 32 or something
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by marklar23 View Post

Thanks
    You can use your tv to manage the size. In the tv menu look for the image to fit or something.
    People who do not break things first will never learn to create anything

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I don't think sax3 evolved much further than a summer project for a student. Development was never fully completed and I don't think it has been maintained. I'll lay odds it will be dropped soon from openSUSE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast