Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    30

    Default The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    Hello, i trying to import profile (PCF file ) of my VPN connection to Network manager (suse 12.3), but error displayed- 'The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files'. Please help...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    Quote Originally Posted by olegvmk View Post
    Hello, i trying to import profile (PCF file ) of my VPN connection to Network manager (suse 12.3), but error displayed- 'The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files'. Please help...
    Are you able to do this ?
    Code:
    $sudo systemctl status NetworkManager.service
    NetworkManager.service - Network Manager
          Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service; disabled)
          Active: active (running) since Sat, 16 Mar 2013 18:54:09 +0530; 36min ago
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Morecambe Bay
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    I get the same error as the OP.

    This is my output from the command

    Code:
    NetworkManager.service - Network Manager
              Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service; enabled)
              Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:49:45 +0000; 5 days ago
             Process: 608 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/test x${NETWORKMANAGER} = xyes (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
              CGroup: name=systemd:/system/NetworkManager.service

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Morecambe Bay
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    @ OP - I have now figured out, that I had to change from ifup to Network Manager in YAST -> Network Devices -> Network Settings -> Global Options.
    Last edited by hcvv; 17-Mar-2013 at 11:29. Reason: Removed new question. a new thread will be started.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    10,836
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    Quote Originally Posted by gilap View Post
    I get the same error as the OP.

    This is my output from the command

    Code:
    NetworkManager.service - Network Manager
              Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service; enabled)
              Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:49:45 +0000; 5 days ago
             Process: 608 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/test x${NETWORKMANAGER} = xyes (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
              CGroup: name=systemd:/system/NetworkManager.service
    Gilap
    No, your error is completely different.

    I recommend you start a new thread with this error but also including as detailed as you can what you attempted to do, what you expected but what you saw instead and anything you might have tried to fix already.

    And, don't forget to describe what version of openSUSE you are running, the Desktop and anything else about your machine you think might be relevant to your problem.

    TSU

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    10,836
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    Quote Originally Posted by olegvmk View Post
    Hello, i trying to import profile (PCF file ) of my VPN connection to Network manager (suse 12.3), but error displayed- 'The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files'. Please help...
    Without doing any investigation,
    The error you're seeing is because "org.freedesktop.NetworkManager" is a naming convention commonly used in SystemV. I'd ask you where you got your config file, but it's likely moot.

    With 12.3, Network Manager no longer is initiated/managed by SystemV so although init scripts are still supported what you're doing likely isn't.

    I don't know if a conversion script exists to import your PCF into the appropriate Unit file, my guess you'll have to do it manually but shouldn't be difficult (but am purely guessing). It might be easier to open the PCF and just enter the values into the NM GUI.

    HTH,
    TSU

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,732

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    Yes please @gilap,

    Do not hang new questions/problems on an existing thread. People that maybe can help you will not see it. They will look for new problems to help with in the sub-forum they thinkk they can help in and the will look for a goodtitle that will tell them that maybe they have knowledge about a problem.

    Undedrstand that you must make your question know to the world and better, to that part of the world that has knowledge about your problem. You should not hide it somewhere deep where nobody sees it.

    Please everybody, do not spoil this thread, but wait for a new thread to be created by gilap.
    This will be CLOSED for the moment.
    Henk van Velden

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,732

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Y
    Please everybody, do not spoil this thread, but wait for a new thread to be created by gilap.
    This will be CLOSED for the moment.
    Will be reopened and the posts about the other problem will be removed.
    Henk van Velden

  9. #9

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    I just solved a user's report of the same error message for him by noticing that his NetworkManager installation contained different versions of the subpackages. If you see this error message, make sure that all your NetworkManager packages, and libnm* packages, all have the same version number.

  10. #10

    Default Re: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

    Quote Originally Posted by wstephenson View Post
    I just solved a user's report of the same error message for him by noticing that his NetworkManager installation contained different versions of the subpackages. If you see this error message, make sure that all your NetworkManager packages, and libnm* packages, all have the same version number.
    Hi guys, first sorry for bringing up old thread, i need help, i've just installed 13.1, but have problem when i'm trying set up my VPN connection, it gave me same error from OP, this last answer didnt help me alot, i need step by step where to find this subpackages of networkmanager, and where is libnm packages... it would be nice if someone can help me. have a nice day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •