Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

  1. #1

    Question [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

    [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

    Hi,

    I am running openSUSE 12.3 64Bit fully up to date.

    I installed Wine using "Install/Remove Software".
    I downloaded and installed Valve's Steam game client(for Windows) using Wine.
    My problem is that the Steam client is in an endless update loop?

    Any help would be appreciated...
    Thanks!

    JeZ+Lee

  2. #2

    Default Re: [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

    jezlee wrote:
    > I downloaded and installed Valve's Steam game client(for Windows) using
    > Wine.
    > My problem is that the Steam client is in an endless update loop?


    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...nSUSE_.2F_SUSE

    ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by djh-novell View Post
    jezlee wrote:
    > I downloaded and installed Valve's Steam game client(for Windows) using
    > Wine.
    > My problem is that the Steam client is in an endless update loop?


    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...nSUSE_.2F_SUSE

    ?
    Good Lord Yes, go get the native Linux Steam Client and enjoy..... Ahh but you will not be able to play that Steam Windows game you purchased, bummer. I too have some windows only games that I play from Steam after booting my windows drive but that becomes less often all the time because it is a pain in the butt.

    Maybe you should check on the Wine site for some pointers??
    Kernel: 4.12.14-lp150.12.7-default x86_64 bits:
    64 Desktop: Gnome 3.26.2
    Distro: openSUSE Leap 15.0

  4. #4

    Default Re: [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

    Hi,

    I need to run the Windows version of Valve's Steam client.
    (have over 100+ Windows only video games on Steam)

    I noticed that there is a newer version of Wine available.
    Perhaps this newer version of Wine fixes my Steam update problem.

    How would I install the newest version of Wine in openSUSE 12.3 64Bit?
    (please forgive me, I never used openSUSE before - was using Ubuntu until Gnome 2 died)

    Thanks!

    JeZ+Lee

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by jezlee View Post
    Hi,

    I need to run the Windows version of Valve's Steam client.
    (have over 100+ Windows only video games on Steam)

    I noticed that there is a newer version of Wine available.
    Perhaps this newer version of Wine fixes my Steam update problem.

    How would I install the newest version of Wine in openSUSE 12.3 64Bit?
    (please forgive me, I never used openSUSE before - was using Ubuntu until Gnome 2 died)

    Thanks!

    JeZ+Lee
    1.5.25 is the latest version available for openSUSE 12.3 . 1 Click Install
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

  6. #6

    Default Re: [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

    Hi,

    Thanks!

    I updated Wine to current version and now Steam(for Windows) works!
    Loading Half-Life 2 now to see if everything is working with my AMD Radeon HD 7000 adapter...

    JeZ+Lee

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ
    Posts
    3,166

    Default Re: [12.3 64Bit Final]-Wine:Valve's Steam Game Client Won't Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by jezlee View Post
    Hi,

    Thanks!

    I updated Wine to current version and now Steam(for Windows) works!
    Loading Half-Life 2 now to see if everything is working with my AMD Radeon HD 7000 adapter...

    JeZ+Lee
    Did you do it using the 1-Click ?
    You can easily search for software packages from here :- http://software.opensuse.org/123/en
    Note:- Never use packages from other versions of openSUSE. ie. if you are using 12.3,don't install packages from 12.2 repos and never add 12.2 repo in YaST or zypper.
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

    www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •