I am having a major problem with access to my local slimserver web interface via any browser on my system. You access the interface with
Code:
http://localhost:9000
The backend for the web interface is mostly perl that I installed by hand, more on that below.

Here is the jumbled multi-language page that gets returned, this should just be in english.

Here is the output from locale
Code:
lee@linux-r5rj:/opt> locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
I noticed the LANG and LC_ALL do not have quotes as do the others, is this ok? I set those two items in ./profile because perl complained about LANG not being set.

Some Background and things I have tried:
I installed perl 5.14 and Slimserver in a closed environment in /opt via instructions from www.jamesarbrown.com
I also did this exact same install on another computer here last night and it works perfectly there, both computers are running 12.2 x64 KDE 4.10.
I have removed everything and tried this a couple of times always with the same results.
I copied the /opt directory from the other computer and copied it to this one and the web interface started in english but then morphed into the same mess of other languages and finally died completely (server crashed).

Does anyone have any insight on what could be causing these issues?