Thread: Error when trying to install mysql

Exclamation Error when trying to install mysql

Code:
    TipTricky@linux-p4du:~> sudo zypper in mysql #install
    Failed to mount cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7173A,/dev/sr0 on /var/adm/mount/AP_0x5HKKZA: Mounting media failed (mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0)

Please insert medium [] #1 and type 'y' to continue or 'n' to cancel the operation. [yes/no] (no): y
    Im trying to install mysql and im having an issue i normally use ubuntu but i hear opensuse is better from several people but so far im thinking not. Im running opensuse 12.2 kde installed from a disk. If you need any other info let me know

Space Colony Lagrange Point 22° à, 77° Ƅ, 56° ɤ, 99° ɜ

Default Re: Error when trying to install mysql

Quote Originally Posted by TipTricky View Post
    Code:
    TipTricky@linux-p4du:~> sudo zypper in mysql #install
    Failed to mount cd:///?devices=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7173A,/dev/sr0 on /var/adm/mount/AP_0x5HKKZA: Mounting media failed (mount: no medium found on /dev/sr0)

Please insert medium [] #1 and type 'y' to continue or 'n' to cancel the operation. [yes/no] (no): y
    Im trying to install mysql and im having an issue i normally use ubuntu but i hear opensuse is better from several people but so far im thinking not. Im running opensuse 12.2 kde installed from a disk. If you need any other info let me know
    Kindly post output of zypper lr -d inside "code" tags
    GNOME Version 3.20.2
    openSUSE Leap 42.3 64-bit

www.vazhavandan.blogspot.com

Default Re: Error when trying to install mysql

Your DVD is still active in your repos list.

YaST > Software > Repository management. Then look for that cd:/// thing, slect it and disable th checkbox below.
    Henk van Velden