Intel Driver need help setting up OpenGL

So I just updated to 12.2 on my Thinkpad w520 and have had a heck of a time getting things setup. The last thing left is the graphics. I have Nvidia optimus on this laptop but right now I have bbswitch set to turn the nvidia card off, I do not wish to use the nvidia card under linux (its a dual boot system). I have an xorg.conf file set that contains

Section “Device”
Identifier “intel”
Driver “intel”
Option “AccelMethod” “sna”
EndSection

Section “Screen”
Identifier “intel”
Device “intel”
EndSection

Section “ServerLayout”
Identifier “Layout”
Screen “intel”
EndSection

Section “ServerFlags”
Option “AutoAddDevices” “False”
EndSection

Currently without this file I get 2d graphics but the keyboard and the ultranav does not work and I cant even ctrl-alt-f1 to a terminal.
My glxinfo returns

name of display: :0.0
Error: couldn’t find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

The Xorg.0.log file contains this line “(EE) Failed to load module “glx” (module requirement mismatch, 0)” so I assume something went wrong somewhere.

Any ideas on how to get glx support working with the xorg.conf file?

Most of the required modules e.g. glx are loaded by default these days. Since it failed, what leads you to think that specifying it in xorg.conf will overcome that problem? IIRC you can “Load” modules via the appropriate xorg.conf statement (see Module Section of man xorg.conf).

If I don’t have that xorg.conf file I cant use the mouse/keyboard and glx doesn’t load. So I guess its not so much that the xorg.conf is going to fix the issue but removing it causes more problems.

From the Xorg log file I can see that its trying to load the glx module but failing I’m looking for help in fixing that failure.