Docky docklets dissappear after restart

im installing docky a day before because i mad for taskbar in GNOME 3, when im adding a couple docklets on the dock, the docklets is dissappeared when i restart the computer. can someone help me on this problem ?

from “zypper if docky”

Repository: openSUSE-12.2-OssName: docky
Version: 2.1.4-2.1.2
Arch: i586
Vendor: openSUSE
Installed: Yes
Installed Size: 1,9 MiB
Summary: A Dock Application
Description: 
Docky is a full fledged dock application that makes opening common applications and managing windows easier and quicker. Docky is fully integrated into the GNOME Desktop and features a no non-sense approach to configuration and usage. It just works.

im using openSUSE 12.2 32-bit + GNOME 3.4

Did you try this ?
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/17/dock/

im tried that before, the dock is not customizable enough for me.

Installed docky and it did not retain the docklets for me too :frowning:

i have searched why this happens, after a momment i just noticed that the docklets resetted when i left the setting with panel mode & 3D dock together before restart.

not checked another options combinations, but when im just use panel mode without 3D dock, the docklets still there the after restart. rotfl!

So we need to turn off 3D in Docky settings and docklets are not removed after restart ?

yes, i think, but this problems came again even the 3D Dock is checked of with panel mode on :frowning:

This may sound wierd but when i install following packages and dependencies docky works well

• cairo-dock
• cairo-dock-plugins
• cairo-dock-plugins-gnome-integration
• docky
• docky-hamster-applet 

One more thing is Docky prevents activation of Activities window using left win key. It probably catches all key strokes :frowning:
Cairo dock doesn’t do this

Also checkout cairo here
https://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/483970-how-install-avant-window-manager-opensuse-12-2-a.html#post2532988

thanks for help vaz, but im already done with it, and now i am happy running GNOME Panel (From fallback mode) on my GNOME 3 Desktop! :smiley: