Firefox add on error message

I am not sure if anyone can help here:

I use a plugin for a Yahoo group I moderate. We are able to back up the information stored on the plugin. In December, I started getting this message

Export failed with Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFileOutputStream.init]

I left it as I was also using a netbook and the back up was working there. However I have lost everything on the netbook, so I really want the backup from the PC.

I went to plugin support who said it appeared that I didn’t have file permissions to try saving it to my desktop. This didn’t work. I know the support works in winduus, so I don’t think they are going to be able to help me with linux.

Does the message above mean anything that will help me sort this out? Thank you.

Hi, this isn’t a direct reply to you, but perhaps this FoxyProxy -> NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND helps? It seems to be a similar problem to yours. HTH Lenwolf

I have been able to save the backup file from the add on to Dropbox, so it is obviously a permissions problem, which I will have to sort out. The good thing is from Dropbox I am able to upload to the netbook.

Although I know I have backed up since getting my new box, I can’t work out how I lost my permissions.