Dual Monitors not working since upgrading to KDE 4.10

I used to be able to connect any monitor to my laptop via HDMI up until my recent upgrade from KDE 4.9 to KDE 4.10. Now when I try to connect my television my laptop someone glitches and loses mouse input with no output towards the television. Granted the monitor is recognized and the setup occurs after. Any ideas on the issue?

Using 12.2

You should probably go here and see if a bug report exists and file one if it does not: https://bugs.kde.org/, I would do the same with openSUSE 12.3 if you are doing any testing with it. As for the main distro of openSUSE 12.2, it came with 4.8 and was never tested with KDE 4.10 and so problems like this do not surprise me. If your monitor not working is a bother, you should consider sticking with the KDE version that came with the openSUSE version release you are using and wait for the next openSUSE version to move you on forward, in now a very shorty time, where it will be a covered front line problem to be fixed, if it still exists. Check it out right now to make sure it gets fixed: software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 12.3 RC 1

Thank You,

Since I’ve seen multiple ways to configure the Display need to describe how you’re configuring, specifically the GPU you’re using and whether you’re using the KDE Configure Desktop, GPU proprietary software or some other app/method.

HTH,
TSU

Video Card:
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller

Method:
Using KDE’s Display - Control Module from 4.10

Couldn’t find a bug so I’ll create one. I see that 12.3 is set to be released soon and comes with KDE 4.10. So hopefully the issue will be fixed there.

I’m not seeing any glitches connecting to my TV via hdmi
My video chipset is probably similar to yours
intel GM45

Opensuse 12.2 64 KDE 4.10 release 546

I’m not sure what you may be accessing if accessing through the KDE KInfocenter.
Recommending you use the app in “Configure Desktop”

TSU

Hi Static2k,

Try this as workaround…

xrandr

Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1440 x 900, maximum 8192 x 8192
LVDS-1 connected 1440x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 303mm x 189mm
1440x900 60.0*+ 50.0
VGA-1 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
1280x1024 60.0 + 75.0

xrandr --output VGA-1 --auto

xrandr --output VGA-1 --left-of LVDS-1

It worked for me.

-Kamalesh