Thread: What are these repositories for?

Default What are these repositories for?

OpenSUSE 12.2 – KDE 4.8.5

I was wondering what the following partially disabled repositories are for:

- libdvdcss repository - http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/12.2/ (enabled + autorefresh)
    - openSUSE-12.2-Debug - Index of /debug/distribution/12.2/repo/oss (autorefresh)
    - openSUSE-12.2- Update-Debug - Index of /debug/update/12.2 (autorefresh)
    - openSUSE-12.2-Update-Debug-Non-Oss - Index of /debug/update/12.2-non-oss (autorefresh)
    - openSUSE-12.2-Source - Index of /source/distribution/12.2/repo/oss (autorefresh)

Are they essential, can I delete them or is it better to leave them the way they are now?

Default Re: What are these repositories for?

Quote Originally Posted by dank245 View Post
    OpenSUSE 12.2 – KDE 4.8.5

I was wondering what the following partially disabled repositories are for:

- libdvdcss repository - http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/12.2/ (enabled + autorefresh)
    this is the repository to retrieve libdvdcss which is required to be able to watch encrypted movie DVDs, usually needed by kaffeine , vlc and many others.

- openSUSE-12.2-Debug - Index of /debug/distribution/12.2/repo/oss (autorefresh)
    - openSUSE-12.2- Update-Debug - Index of /debug/update/12.2 (autorefresh)
    - openSUSE-12.2-Update-Debug-Non-Oss - Index of /debug/update/12.2-non-oss (autorefresh)
    - openSUSE-12.2-Source - Index of /source/distribution/12.2/repo/oss (autorefresh)

Are they essential, can I delete them or is it better to leave them the way they are now?
    these are standard repositories and could be essential if you want to debug or look at sources.

it is up to you to remove them or not but they can also stay there.
    CPU X86-64 AMD FX 4170 Quad-Core | MB Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3| 8GB RAM
    NIC Realtek RTL8111/8168B PCIE| GPU NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT| K 3.4.11-2.16-desktop