Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kdenlive - Problem with audio in rendered avi/mp4 videos

Default Kdenlive - Problem with audio in rendered avi/mp4 videos

Just started recently. I'm using Suse 11.4/x86 with all the latest packages from the suse/packman repos. After the video is created, the audio is echoey and scratchy. The problem does not occur with mpeg2 or dv video rendering. The problem is only with mpeg4 / avi creation. I also have a problem with no audio in "SOME" thumbnails. Seems to be the same mp3/mp4 issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Kdenlive - Problem with audio in rendered avi/mp4 videos

Quote Originally Posted by Doug08 View Post
    Just started recently. I'm using Suse 11.4/x86 with all the latest packages from the suse/packman repos. After the video is created, the audio is echoey and scratchy. The problem does not occur with mpeg2 or dv video rendering. The problem is only with mpeg4 / avi creation. I also have a problem with no audio in "SOME" thumbnails. Seems to be the same mp3/mp4 issue. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
    You know that we are up to openSUSE 12.2 with 12.3 to come in March, right? So you are using an older version of openSUSE. You say that your multimedia is up to snuff. Can you check it out with this?

https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jd...cript-file-36/

Let us know what you find out after running mmcheck. I wrote this before 11.4, but mmcheck is updated to work with 12.2, so some newer package versions may not exist for 11.4 now.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Kdenlive - Problem with audio in rendered avi/mp4 videos

I know about 12.2/12.3. But my system is loaded with extra packages, and works great aside from the Kdenlive issue. I installed mmcheck, it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    You know that we are up to openSUSE 12.2 with 12.3 to come in March, right? So you are using an older version of openSUSE. You say that your multimedia is up to snuff. Can you check it out with this?

https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jd...cript-file-36/

Let us know what you find out after running mmcheck. I wrote this before 11.4, but mmcheck is updated to work with 12.2, so some newer package versions may not exist for 11.4 now.

Thank You,

I ran mmcheck, all is fine. I ran several different #'s. What does kdenlive use for processing the audio portion to mp3/aac?

I installed mmcheck, it does work.
    and the results?

The problem is only with mpeg4 / avi creation.

what audio codec are you using wen you encode to .mp4 or .avi?
    Have you tried specifying a different audio codec?

What are you using to playback your files? Have you ruled out the problem with audio being in the player and not the encoded file?

edit: Oh, I see you have created a new post while I was writing mine.

I ran mmcheck, all is fine. I ran several different #'s. What does kdenlive use for processing the audio portion to mp3/aac?
    I don't use kdenlive but I believe it uses ffmpeg for audio processing.

Blog Entries

A recent ffmpeg update broke melt (mlt) in kdenlive and also broke some other apps. There are a number of posts in the Packman mailing list about this The Packman January 2013 Archive by thread .

The latest post is here: [packman] mlt/melt/kdenlive where the Packman packager notes:

I'll try to find a solution this weekend, otherwise i'll downgrade to ffmpeg 1.0.1
    So possibly early next week there will be a fix, which may mean a downgrade to ffmpeg 1.0.1.

OK, That explains it. I noticed the problem happened after I updated my system. I'll try downgrading ffmpeg.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcpu View Post
    A recent ffmpeg update broke melt (mlt) in kdenlive and also broke some other apps. There are a number of posts in the Packman mailing list about this The Packman January 2013 Archive by thread .

The latest post is here: [packman] mlt/melt/kdenlive where the Packman packager notes:

So possibly early next week there will be a fix, which may mean a downgrade to ffmpeg 1.0.1.

Default DOWNGRADE to 1.0.1

which I compiled from source, does not solve the problem. FFmpeg is not the problem. What else would cause rendered videos to have bad audio? and no audio in certain thumbnails. Like I said, the problem only started about a week ago. How do I get a list of all the packages I recently updated?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: DOWNGRADE to 1.0.1

which I compiled from source, does not solve the problem. FFmpeg is not the problem. What else would cause rendered videos to have bad audio? and no audio in certain thumbnails. Like I said, the problem only started about a week ago. How do I get a list of all the packages I recently updated?

Thanks
    Its possible that mlt/melt needs to be rebuilt with the downgraded ffmpeg.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast