Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: SeaMonkey 2.15 localisation does not work

  1. #1

    Default SeaMonkey 2.15 localisation does not work

    After the latest YaST2 online update menus etc in seamonkey are in english, they where in swedish in the previous version. The machine is an Athlon64 running openSUSE 12.2 64-bit. I also updated an atom based netbook from openSUSE 12.1 to 12.2 i586 with zypper dup, with the same result. In the Add-ons manager I can see that a bunch of language packs including swedish are installed.

    Trying with a new mozilla profile does not help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: SeaMonkey 2.15 localisation does not work

    On 2013-01-16 16:16, jan kardell wrote:
    >
    > After the latest YaST2 online update menus etc in seamonkey are in
    > english, they where in swedish in the previous version. The machine is


    Check the output of the "locale" command.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4, with Evergreen, x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

  3. #3

    Default Re: SeaMonkey 2.15 localisation does not work

    jan@kamma:~> locale
    LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8
    LC_CTYPE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_MESSAGES="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_PAPER="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_NAME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_ADDRESS="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_TELEPHONE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_MEASUREMENT="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_IDENTIFICATION="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=

    Also tested Firefox 18.0 and konsole, localisation works there.

  4. #4

    Default Re: SeaMonkey 2.15 localisation does not work

    Tried a third machine (x86_64), it was updated when SeaMonkey 2.14 was released.

    SeaMonkey 2.14 -> swedish menues
    Update to 2.15 using rpm directly -> english menues.
    Downgrade to 2.14 using rpm -> swedish menues again.

  5. #5

    Default Re: SeaMonkey 2.15 localisation does not work

    Am 16.01.2013 17:16, schrieb jan kardell:
    >
    > jan@kamma:~> locale
    > LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8
    > LC_CTYPE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_NUMERIC="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_TIME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_COLLATE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_MONETARY="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_MESSAGES="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_PAPER="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_NAME="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_ADDRESS="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_TELEPHONE="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_MEASUREMENT="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_IDENTIFICATION="sv_SE.UTF-8"
    > LC_ALL=
    >
    > Also tested Firefox 18.0 and konsole, localisation works there.


    Please disable and reenable your locale in the addon manager. That is a
    bug in the seamonkey release I didn't find in time. Firefox got a last
    minute fix for that issue.
    The workaround above should fix it for the moment. The seamonkey package
    in the mozilla repository got the fix meanwhile.
    Firefox might release a 18.0.1 and if Seamonkey follows with 2.15.1 the
    fix will be included.


    Wolfgang


  6. #6

    Default Re: SeaMonkey 2.15 localisation does not work

    Quote Originally Posted by wrosenauer View Post
    Am 16.01.2013 17:16, schrieb jan kardell:

    Please disable and reenable your locale in the addon manager. That is a
    bug in the seamonkey release I didn't find in time. Firefox got a last
    minute fix for that issue.

    Wolfgang
    Thanks, that works!

    But on a profile where I had touched Preferences->Appearance->Language (when only english was available) I had to set it to swedish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •