Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    You need to be using KDE R49
    That means you will be running kde4.9.5
    I am using openSUSE 12.2

    I want to check a Dolphin config setting. I always set the delete option in the context menu. In my normal user I did this before I upgraded KDE

    If I create a New user I can't see an option to enable the Delete in the context menu
    Can anyone else
    Create a new user and check this? Please
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  2. #2

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    Should be under services menu. I still prefer 4.7.4 version of dolphin tbh.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by finders View Post
    Should be under services menu. I still prefer 4.7.4 version of dolphin tbh.
    Correct, that's where it was.....
    Thank you
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,849
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    I'm sure it was there in earlier 4.9 versions and can confirm it's back in 4.10 RC2, can't access the 4.9.5 machines right now, but will check tomorrow.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    I'm sure it was there in earlier 4.9 versions and can confirm it's back in 4.10 RC2, can't access the 4.9.5 machines right now, but will check tomorrow.
    Just double check with 4.10 is it in a new user?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    You need to be using KDE R49
    That means you will be running kde4.9.5
    I am using openSUSE 12.2

    I want to check a Dolphin config setting. I always set the delete option in the context menu. In my normal user I did this before I upgraded KDE

    If I create a New user I can't see an option to enable the Delete in the context menu
    Can anyone else
    Create a new user and check this? Please
    Sorry for the ignorance, Is creating a new user the same as the "switch user" process in the kickstart menu?
    Also, I am guessing the "move to trash" right click menu item is what you need checked?

    I have it here but have not created or switched to a new user yet.
    Kernel: 4.12.14-lp150.12.7-default x86_64 bits:
    64 Desktop: Gnome 3.26.2
    Distro: openSUSE Leap 15.0

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,849
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Just double check with 4.10 is it in a new user?
    Checked 4.10, new user, option is there, and it works immediately when checked.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    623

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    I just created a new user and logged in to test it. The "delete" was in the services option but disabled. I tried it out and it worked as expected. My desktops meets the requirements you specified, I have to update my sig.
    Kernel: 4.12.14-lp150.12.7-default x86_64 bits:
    64 Desktop: Gnome 3.26.2
    Distro: openSUSE Leap 15.0

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Checked 4.10, new user, option is there, and it works immediately when checked.
    I'm only seeing it in the services menu
    kde 4.9.97
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,849
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: KDE R49 Users - Can you check this?

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    I'm only seeing it in the services menu
    kde 4.9.97
    I missunderstood? It's in the services menu, when I check it there, it immediately shows up in the context menu.

    Rereading: I misunderstood the initial post. Overlooked that you enabled deletion through the context menu. Must say, I'm more of a Shift-Delete man on the spare occasion.
    Last edited by Knurpht; 16-Jan-2013 at 08:50.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •