Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: cisco vpn installation Fails. Looks for autoconf.h

  1. #1

    Default cisco vpn installation Fails. Looks for autoconf.h

    Dear all
    I am trying to install cisco vpn but unfortunately it fails
    Code:
    Directory containing linux kernel source code [/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/build]
    
    * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin".
    * Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/CiscoVPN".
    * The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time.
    * Kernel source from "/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/build" will be used to build the module.
    
    Is the above correct [y]y
    
    Making module
    linuxcniapi.c:14:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    interceptor.c:13:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    IPSecDrvOS_linux.c:16:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    frag.c:3:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    linuxkernelapi.c:2:24: fatal error: linux/slab.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    ld: cannot find linuxkernelapi.o: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot find frag.o: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot find linuxcniapi.o: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot find IPSecDrvOS_linux.o: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot find interceptor.o: No such file or directory
    Failed to make module "cisco_ipsec".
    as you will see from the code above it looks for autoconf.h. Which packages is needed and how do I link for that file?

    Regards
    Alex

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,136

    Default Re: cisco vpn installation Fails. Looks for autoconf.h

    Quote Originally Posted by alaios View Post
    * Kernel source from "/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/build" will be used to build the module.
    it looks for autoconf.h. Which packages is needed and how do I link for that file?
    Code:
    bor@opensuse:~> rpm -qf /usr/src/linux-3.4.11-2.16-obj/x86_64/desktop/include/generated/autoconf.h
    kernel-desktop-devel-3.4.11-2.16.1.x86_64
    bor@opensuse:~>

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arvidjaar View Post
    Code:
    bor@opensuse:~> rpm -qf /usr/src/linux-3.4.11-2.16-obj/x86_64/desktop/include/generated/autoconf.h
    kernel-desktop-devel-3.4.11-2.16.1.x86_64
    bor@opensuse:~>
    Thanks a lot it does not look like though that this path can be used for compiling the vpn package . It looks for the kernel libraries.

    That was what the installation script was suggesting at the beginning
    Code:
    * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin".
    * Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/CiscoVPN".
    * The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time.
    * Kernel source from "/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/build" will be used to build the module.
    This is how I replied on the installation script and changed it

    Code:
    * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin".
    * Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/CiscoVPN".
    * The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time.
    * Kernel source from "/usr/src/linux-3.4.11-2.16-obj/" will be used to build the module.
    And that the error message I get now
    Code:
    In file included from IPSecDrvOS_linux.c:14:0:
    /usr/include/linux/version.h:2:2: error: #error "======================================================="
    /usr/include/linux/version.h:3:2: error: #error "You should not include /usr/include/{linux,asm}/ header"
    /usr/include/linux/version.h:4:2: error: #error "files directly for the compilation of kernel modules."
    /usr/include/linux/version.h:5:2: error: #error ""
    /usr/include/linux/version.h:6:2: error: #error "glibc now uses kernel header files from a well-defined"
    /usr/include/linux/version.h:7:2: error: #error "working kernel version (as recommended by Linus Torvalds)"
    Where are the source of the kernel? If I leave the default path of the script /lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/build I get an error message for the linux/autoconf.h that is not found.

    What do you sugest me to do to fix that ?
    Alex

  4. #4

    Default Re: cisco vpn installation Fails. Looks for autoconf.h

    I do not know if someone has any idea. I have installed almost any dev package that has t do with kernels, kernels header trying to make that script happy. Where are the headers files that is looking (those should be the header files of my running kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop)

    in /usr/src I have


    Code:
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   17  9. Jan 14:26 linux -> linux-3.4.11-2.16
    drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 12. Jan 22:05 linux-3.4.11-2.16
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 12. Jan 21:46 linux-3.4.11-2.16-obj
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 12. Jan 21:46 linux-obj
    drwxr-xr-x  8 root root 4096 24. Aug 19:32 packages
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   49 12. Jan 16:45 vboxguest-4.2.6 -> /opt/VBoxGuestAdditions-4.2.6/src/vboxguest-4.2.6
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   32  9. Jan 12:03 vboxhost-4.2.6 -> ../share/virtualbox/src/vboxhost
    but none of them made it happy.

    What else should I try_

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Ca, USA
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: cisco vpn installation Fails. Looks for autoconf.h

    Quote Originally Posted by alaios View Post
    Dear all
    I am trying to install cisco vpn but unfortunately it fails
    Code:
    Directory containing linux kernel source code [/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/build]
    
    * Binaries will be installed in "/usr/local/bin".
    * Modules will be installed in "/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/CiscoVPN".
    * The VPN service will be started AUTOMATICALLY at boot time.
    * Kernel source from "/lib/modules/3.4.11-2.16-desktop/build" will be used to build the module.
    
    Is the above correct [y]y
    
    Making module
    linuxcniapi.c:14:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    interceptor.c:13:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    IPSecDrvOS_linux.c:16:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    frag.c:3:28: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    linuxkernelapi.c:2:24: fatal error: linux/slab.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
    compilation terminated.
    ld: cannot find linuxkernelapi.o: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot find frag.o: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot find linuxcniapi.o: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot find IPSecDrvOS_linux.o: No such file or directory
    ld: cannot find interceptor.o: No such file or directory
    Failed to make module "cisco_ipsec".
    as you will see from the code above it looks for autoconf.h. Which packages is needed and how do I link for that file?

    Regards
    Alex
    I wouldn't know for sure about your specific situation but in similar builds the "autoconfig"-whatever is generally a config file provided specially from the manufacturer (Cisco in this case) and usually part of the downloaded package. This does not appear to me a problem of locating files from OSS packages, you're "missing" files that likely were part of a package you downloaded from Cisco.

    If I were to hazard a guess, you're not launching your build in the correct directory. There is further evidence of this because numerous files cannot be found by your build.
    Recommend verifying this by looking for the file on your system.
    For this reason, I have "locate-utils.rpm" on my system so that I can simply run "locate filename"

    HTH,
    TSU

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,136

    Default Re: cisco vpn installation Fails. Looks for autoconf.h

    Quote Originally Posted by alaios View Post
    Where are the source of the kernel?
    Kernel sources are split between multiple packages. Pure kernel sources are in kernel-source + kernel-devel; generated files, specific to each kernel flavor, are in kernel-flavor-devel, e.g. kernel-desktop-devel.

    To build external module for which is compliant with kernel build architecture it should be enough to install kernel-devel + kernel-flavor-devel, e.g. kernel-devel + kernel-desktp-devel. kernel-source is really needed only to rebuild kernel from scratch. Here is what I have:
    Code:
     kernel-default-devel-3.4.11-2.16.1.x86_64
    kernel-desktop-3.4.11-2.16.1.x86_64
    kernel-desktop-devel-3.4.11-2.16.1.x86_64
    kernel-devel-3.4.11-2.16.1.noarch
    kernel-source-3.4.11-2.16.1.noarch
    kernel-syms-3.4.11-2.16.1.x86_64
    kernel-xen-devel-3.4.11-2.16.1.x86_64
    Error message you show indicates, that your module was not updated for current kernel. Location of autoconf.h was changed (probably, multiple times) and your module does not expect it in current location. Please ask module author whether it is supported under kernel 3.4 at all and whether there is newer version. If you can make sources available I could make a look at what it does.

    Did you try vpnc? It is open source implementation compatible with Cisco VPN. I remember using it successfully with Cisco VPN servers.

  7. #7

    Default Re: cisco vpn installation Fails. Looks for autoconf.h

    Thanks a lot for all the nice answers. I "fixed" it in the sense that I installed, the plugin for the network manager and that worked pretty easily.
    One more question regarding the
    locate package you have been suggesting, do you know if it makes a big burden on the hard disk for building indexes where the files are. I am running on a very slow computer and I am wondering it this will eat up my laptop battery (by utilizing a lot the hard disk)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,136

    Default Re: cisco vpn installation Fails. Looks for autoconf.h

    I can't say about indexing, but you can uses file list of all RPM (ARCHIVE.gz) and pin program to search it. It will copy file from media if you have it:
    Code:
    bor@opensuse:~> pin
    
     *** pin found no ARCHIVES_12.2.gz file in /var/lib/pin/
    
        pin will copy the files,  please enter root password :
    
    
    Password: 
    
     no file ARCHIVES_12.2.gz found 
    
     please insert CD1/DVD in your CD-ROM/DVD drive / bitte CD1/DVD einlegen
    
     please eject all medias from other drives / bitte entfernen Sie andere Medien aus den Laufwerken.
    
     
     press enter to continue - Bitte enter druecken
     please wait / bitte warten 
    
     no SUSE CD/DVD found, please copy ARCHIVES.gz manually to 
     /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES_12.2.gz and execute 
     "ln -s /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES_12.2.gz /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES.gz" 
    
     keine SUSE CD/DVD gefunden, bitte ARCHIVES.gz manuell nach 
     /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES_12.2.gz kopieren und
     "ln -s /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES_12.2.gz /var/lib/pin/ARCHIVES.gz" aufrufen
    otherwise you can download it, it is in top level directory of repo, like http://download.opensuse.org/distrib...ss/ARCHIVES.gz. Download and follow instructions.

    Unfortunately, it does not support search across multiple repos at the same time.

    In case it was not clear. This allows you to search for files in packages that are not yet installed. Indexing files on disk will not help if file is not on disk

    Otherwise something like
    Code:
    rpm -qa --qf '[%{name}:%{filenames}\n]'
    will give you list of all packages and files they include. RPM database is already indexed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •