Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Challenges with the addition of NVIDIA module

Question Re: Challenges with the addition of NVIDIA module

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    ... to prepare the sources.
    Do other make targets contain also a "preparation" as a dependency?

The fact that version.h could not be found to me is an indicator things aren't in place.
    There are some such header files available in the directory hierarchy. Can it be that the NVIDIA installation software is still not looking for them in all places that are used nowadays?
    Why is it such a challenge to let it accept a source and compile/output folder by passed configuration parameters?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Challenges with the addition of NVIDIA module

Quote Originally Posted by elfring View Post
    Do other make targets contain also a "preparation" as a dependency?

There are some such header files available in the directory hierarchy. Can it be that the NVIDIA installation software is still not looking for them in all places that are used nowadays?
    Why is it such a challenge to let it accept a source and compile/output folder by passed configuration parameters?
    Please have a look at this message post to get the nVIDIA driver version 304.64 you want to use with kernel 3.7, however, the latest video driver already works with kernel 3.7 with no patch required.

https://forums.opensuse.org/english/...ml#post2503087

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Smile Re: Addition of NVIDIA module has worked with tweaks.

I'm sorry that I did not apply the shown adjustments for the "UAPI" include parameters and the preprocessor symbol "VM_RESERVED" earlier. The NVIDIA software is running also on my system again as expected.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Addition of NVIDIA module has worked with tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by elfring View Post
    I'm sorry that I did not apply the shown adjustments for the "UAPI" include parameters and the preprocessor symbol "VM_RESERVED" earlier. The NVIDIA software is running also on my system again as expected.
    We have Larry Finger to thank for providing us with proprietary nVIDIA video driver patches. They normally only patch the latest driver to work with the latest kernel. nVIDIA then posts a newer driver that works with that kernel, but the next kernel may break the newer driver again and going backwards with older nVIDIA driver versions with even newer kernels may not be possible.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123