Thread: How to install chinese fonts from window7 system

Default How to install chinese fonts from window7 system

Dear friends:
    I want to write chinese paper in opensuse linux 12.1. But there are few fonts in linux system. can i install chinese fonts from windows 7system to opensuse linux 12.1. or could you please tell me where to download it. I have googled for it, but found nothing significant.
    regards

Blog Entries

Smile Re: How to install chinese fonts from window7 system

Quote Originally Posted by ztdep View Post
    Dear friends:
    I want to write Chinese paper in openSUSE Linux 12.1. But there are few fonts in Linux system. can i install Chinese fonts from windows 7system to openSUSE Linux 12.1. or could you please tell me where to download it. I have Googled for it, but found nothing significant.
    regards
    So consider I have never installed Chinese fonts before. But I have installed fonts from Windows before using the KDE desktop. Windows fonts are normally located in the folder ...

Code:
    "C:\Windows\Fonts"
    and so one could navigate to that folder if you have a dual boot system with Windows. The exact folder name depends on how it gets mounted from your fstab file but it might be something like /windows/C/Windows/Fonts for instance in openSUSE. In KDE I go to ...

Code:
    Menu /  Configure Desktop / System Administration / Font Management / + Add button / Navigate to the Font Folder / Select All Fonts you want to use by name / Select open / and then specify if for System or Personnel usage.
    For System use, you must enter the root password for every font installed. You may need to log out and back into KDE for the Fonts to be available for use after they have been added.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: How to install chinese fonts from window7 system

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So consider I have never installed Chinese fonts before. But I have installed fonts from Windows before using the KDE desktop. Windows fonts are normally located in the folder ...

Code:
    "C:\Windows\Fonts"
    and so one could navigate to that folder if you have a dual boot system with Windows. The exact folder name depends on how it gets mounted from your fstab file but it might be something like /windows/C/Windows/Fonts for instance in openSUSE. In KDE I go to ...

Code:
    Menu /  Configure Desktop / System Administration / Font Management / + Add button / Navigate to the Font Folder / Select All Fonts you want to use by name / Select open / and then specify if for System or Personnel usage.
    For System use, you must enter the root password for every font installed. You may need to log out and back into KDE for the Fonts to be available for use after they have been added.

Thank You,
    Thank you very much. It works greatly

Blog Entries

Smile Re: How to install chinese fonts from window7 system

Quote Originally Posted by ztdep View Post
    Thank you very much. It works greatly
    That is good news! Now you must try to help someone else as well. Its the cost of getting good help here in the openSUSE forum. But no matter what, we are happy to have you here in the forums. Please have a very great day!

Thank You for using openSUSE,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: How to install chinese fonts from window7 system

Besides Windows fonts (not sure what they are) you may also find
    WenQuanYi fonts interesting (Wen Quan Yi - Open Source Chinese: 首页).

They are actually in default repository:
    ttf-wqy-zenhei
    ttf-wqy-microhei
    Index of /distribution/12.1/repo/oss/suse
    Index of /distribution/12.2/repo/oss/suse

And also in M17:Fonts repository:
    wqy-zenhei-fonts
    wqy-microhei-fonts
    Index of /repositories/M17N:/fonts/openSUSE_12.1
    Index of /repositories/M17N:/fonts/openSUSE_12.2