Blog Entries

Default Re: Web Chat/Confrencing - Web Camera

Quote Originally Posted by WilNix2k View Post
    Still diggin'
    For your audio diagnostics:

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Audio_troubleshooting

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    The issue at this point is not the sound per-sea, rather the sound server is not detecting the USB mic that is a part of the web cam. Not that there might not be miss-configuration of the sound card as well. So assistance to get the mic working is where I need to begin, and I don't see any of that in the docs I've read so far. More help is this area again would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

The issue at this point is not the sound per-sea, rather the sound server is not detecting the USB mic that is a part of the web cam. Not that there might not be miss-configuration of the sound card as well. So assistance to get the mic working is where I need to begin, and I don't see any of that in the docs I've read so far. More help is this area again would be greatly appreciated.
    Run the diagnostic script as explained in that guide - anything that is correctly configured will be displayed, and anything that is detected by the kernel (but with no ALSA config) will also be displayed. You are then encouraged to provide the web link to share the uploaded output with us (should you need further assistance).

Since you are using pulse-audio, you could also try launching 'pavucontrol' from a terminal. Here various sources can be enabled etc.

Run the diagnostic script as explained in that guide - anything that is correctly configured will be displayed, and anything that is detected by the kernel (but with no ALSA config) will also be displayed. You are then encouraged to provide the web link to share the uploaded output with us (should you need further assistance).

Since you are using pulse-audio, you could also try launching 'pavucontrol' from a terminal. Here various sources can be enabled etc.
    The output of the script is linked in a susepaste on message #8 of this thread.

I have launched pavucontrol from an admin terminal, and looks no different then if I launch it normally.

Exclamation Re: Web Chat/Confrencing - Web Camera - NO USB Mic

Although at an impasse, here is where I am.

alsa-info.txt shows both the sound card (on board) and the USB mic which is a part of the webcam.

pulseaudio only knows about the sound card, and I see no way to get it to see USB mic.

padevchooser which I believe would be the correct tool to add the device is no longer a supported app.

Suggestions?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Web Chat/Confrencing - Web Camera - NO USB Mic

Although at an impasse, here is where I am.

alsa-info.txt shows both the sound card (on board) and the USB mic which is a part of the webcam.

pulseaudio only knows about the sound card, and I see no way to get it to see USB mic.

padevchooser which I believe would be the correct tool to add the device is no longer a supported app.

Suggestions?
    I can only suggest to review this pulseaudio guide by our audio guru (oldcpu):

https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/ol...avucontrol-96/

(In particular, the sections dealing with input devices and webacm.)

Red face Re: Web Chat/Confrencing - Web Camera - NO USB Mic

I can only suggest to review this pulseaudio guide by our audio guru (oldcpu):

https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/ol...avucontrol-96/

(In particular, the sections dealing with input devices and webacm.)
    After numerous reinsertions of the USB connector, and who knows what else, The mic is now detected, and working with all apps except Firefox/flash.

Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Web Chat/Confrencing - Web Camera - NO USB Mic

After numerous reinsertions of the USB connector, and who knows what else, The mic is now detected, and working with all apps except Firefox/flash.

Thanks for the help!
    Linux voodoo magic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12