Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    20

    Question LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    Hi. I am getting ready to install LibreOffice 3.6.3. But I would like to know of you a few recommendations:

    - Install from the official RPMs LibreOffice or from the repository LIBREOFFICE: UNSTABLE?

    - Uninstall current version or simply update it?



    Grateful for any information.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,171

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    What is wrong with the LO that comes with 12.2?
    Henk van Velden

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    What is wrong with the LO that comes with 12.2?

    There's nothing wrong with the official version of 12.2.
    But I read about the new features, especially concerning the LibreOffice DRAW, and I really prefer to be always with the latest version.


    I just upgraded from the repository LIBREOFFICE: UNSTABLE and I'm impressed. LibreOffice was already very fast, but now it is extremely fast.

    The DRAW is now more responsible when moving objects with gradient and 3D objects now rotate smoothly. And it is now possible to open CorelDRAW files!!!

    I am very happy that the development team of LibreOffice is investing more in the DRAW. Is an excellent vector drawing software, and unlike many people think (at least that I know) the DRAW is much more than just a program for flowcharts.


    Unfortunately the LibreOffice not yet completely adapted to the KDE theme. Some elements such as menus and tabs are very strange.But those who see the face does not see the heart!




    (sorry my english)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,908

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    Hey, great news, elvis. Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:56:01 GMT
    elvisvinicius <elvisvinicius@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > Hi. I am getting ready to install LibreOffice 3.6.3. But I would like
    > to know of you a few recommendations:
    >
    > - Install from the official RPMs LibreOffice or from the repository
    > LIBREOFFICE: UNSTABLE?
    >


    I had trouble with some graphs on Calc vanishing after updating to
    3.6.3. The blank backgrounds remained but all data was lost. I'm now
    back on 3.5.4. I hope you've kept backups before using 3.6.3.



    --
    Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
    openSUSE 12.2 (64-bit); KDE 4.9.3; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;
    Video: nVidia GeForce 210 (using nouveau driver);
    Sound: ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA); Wireless: BCM4306

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,500

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloddy View Post
    On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:56:01 GMT
    elvisvinicius <elvisvinicius@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

    >
    > Hi. I am getting ready to install LibreOffice 3.6.3. But I would like
    > to know of you a few recommendations:
    >
    > - Install from the official RPMs LibreOffice or from the repository
    > LIBREOFFICE: UNSTABLE?
    >


    I had trouble with some graphs on Calc vanishing after updating to
    3.6.3. The blank backgrounds remained but all data was lost. I'm now
    back on 3.5.4. I hope you've kept backups before using 3.6.3.
    Thanks for the warning. LO's Calc has shown to be vulnerable again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    296

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    I always use the latest stable from the official rpms and the version provided by Opensuse. Never had any issues with that setup (don't run them simultaneously).

    So the risk is quite small...
    Main box: OpenSuse 12.3)/KDE 4.10 64bit
    Older Box: OpenSuse 12.2/KDE 4.8.5 64bit (my mediabox)
    Laptop: Debian Wheezy/KDE 4.8.4 64bit

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Moses Lake, WA. USA
    Posts
    474

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    Nikos78 wrote:

    >
    > I always use the latest stable from the official rpms and the version
    > provided by Opensuse. Never had any issues with that setup (don't run
    > them simultaneously).
    >
    > So the risk is quite small...
    >
    >

    I have both the SUSE version and the LibreOffice download version
    installed concurrently. LibreOffice version installs in /opt and SUSE
    version into /usr/lib64. I bounce back and between them with no apparent
    problems for Writer or Calc. I found a bug/ in the SUSE Writer and I
    downloaded the LibreOffice version which was a little later at the time,
    to see if was there. It is.

    See bug 57657 at:
    Code:
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=57657
    From SUSE Repo:
    Code:
    http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Unstable/openSUSE_12.2/
    
    Version 3.6:build-303 (Build ID: 360m1(Build:303))
    From LibreOffice web site:
    [Code}
    http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

    Version 3.6.3.2 (Build ID: 58f22d5)
    [/Code]

    Russ
    --
    openSUSE 12.2(Linux 3.4.11-2.16-desktop x86_64)|
    KDE 4.9.3 "release 4"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce
    8400GS(NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-304.60)


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    Hello guys.


    Yesterday I had installed the LibreOffice 3.6.3 from UNSTABLE repository.

    Today I uninstalled it and did the installation with RPMs that can be downloaded on the website of LibreOffice.

    For correct integration to Oxygen KDE theme, it is necessary to rename (or remove) the file "libstdc ++ .so. 6" that is installed with the LibreOffice, then so will be used the version that shipped with openSUSE.


    Code:
    # su -
    # cd /opt/libreoffice3.6/ure-link/lib/
    # mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.bkp
    The integration with KDE package distributed by the official LibreOffice does not work with KDE4 and kde4 libreoffice-package-3.OpenSUSE XXXX.i586.rpm, integrates the standard KDE open/save at the same time breaking the theme again. Fault of the libvclplug_kde4lo.so file.

    Therefore, the side effect is having to use the open/save box in GTK, or their own version of LibreOffice, which can be chosen in the options of the program.




    COLOR DIALOG




    1) OpenSUSE LibreOffice:
    - Strange interface elements and flat buttons.
    2) Official LibreOffice:
    - Correct interface elements, including the background gradient effect.


    LIBREOFFICE DRAW



    1) OpenSUSE LibreOffice:
    - Strange and ugly Menus.
    - Despite the fast 3D rendering, there are glitches around the edges of the element.
    2) Official LibreOffice:
    - Menus with shadows and gradient background.
    - 3D objects with edges rendered correctly.
    - LibreOffice in General, slightly faster than the version of the UNSTABLE repository.




    \0/

  10. #10

    Default Re: LibreOffice 3.6.3 in openSUSE 12.2 !

    Quote Originally Posted by elvisvinicius View Post
    Hello guys.


    Yesterday I had installed the LibreOffice 3.6.3 from UNSTABLE repository.

    Today I uninstalled it and did the installation with RPMs that can be downloaded on the website of LibreOffice.

    For correct integration to Oxygen KDE theme, it is necessary to rename (or remove) the file "libstdc ++ .so. 6" that is installed with the LibreOffice, then so will be used the version that shipped with openSUSE.


    Code:
    # su -
    # cd /opt/libreoffice3.6/ure-link/lib/
    # mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.bkp
    The integration with KDE package distributed by the official LibreOffice does not work with KDE4 and kde4 libreoffice-package-3.OpenSUSE XXXX.i586.rpm, integrates the standard KDE open/save at the same time breaking the theme again. Fault of the libvclplug_kde4lo.so file.

    Therefore, the side effect is having to use the open/save box in GTK, or their own version of LibreOffice, which can be chosen in the options of the program.




    COLOR DIALOG




    1) OpenSUSE LibreOffice:
    - Strange interface elements and flat buttons.
    2) Official LibreOffice:
    - Correct interface elements, including the background gradient effect.


    LIBREOFFICE DRAW



    1) OpenSUSE LibreOffice:
    - Strange and ugly Menus.
    - Despite the fast 3D rendering, there are glitches around the edges of the element.
    2) Official LibreOffice:
    - Menus with shadows and gradient background.
    - 3D objects with edges rendered correctly.
    - LibreOffice in General, slightly faster than the version of the UNSTABLE repository.




    \0/
    that sounds so great, I am using opensuse 12.2 gnome 3.4 ? well it is gnome. I would like to install libreoffice but I would like to install in Albanian and I would like to get the last version just like you right from the LibreOffice official page.
    Any advice on that? If I download will it install right away? Or will I need to remove the 3.5 suse version first in yast? Or do i need to do some extra work, sort of like building before i am able to install the rpm version of the libreoffice page.
    I am a newby to suse and I love it, but hopefully I want to make it even better,
    Ervin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •