Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: openSUSE 12.2: WebYaST filling /var/log/messages with similar error (non stop)

  1. #1

    Default openSUSE 12.2: WebYaST filling /var/log/messages with similar error (non stop)

    Hi,

    I managed to get WebYaST up and running. All modules except 'Roles' are working fine but the service keeps filling my log file /var/log/messages with lines like these:


    Code:
    Nov 20 00:02:24 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366144 when last update time is 1353366144 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:34 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366154 when last update time is 1353366154 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:34 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366154 when last update time is 1353366154 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:34 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366154 when last update time is 1353366154 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:44 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366164 when last update time is 1353366164 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:44 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366164 when last update time is 1353366164 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:44 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366164 when last update time is 1353366164 (minimum one second step)
    It has no influence on the tool itself, I can use it the way it is intended to be used, but this makes finding error in de log file from other services hard to find.
    Googled for a solution or root cause but could not find any.

    What's happening here?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2: WebYaST filling /var/log/messages with similarerror (non stop)

    On 2012-11-19 23:06, LRE wrote:
    > Googled for a solution or root cause but could not find any.


    I think there is a yast mail list. You could try asking there.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Unhappy Re: openSUSE 12.2: WebYaST filling /var/log/messages with similar error (non stop)

    Quote Originally Posted by LRE View Post
    Hi,

    I managed to get WebYaST up and running. All modules except 'Roles' are working fine but the service keeps filling my log file /var/log/messages with lines like these:


    Code:
    Nov 20 00:02:24 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366144 when last update time is 1353366144 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:34 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366154 when last update time is 1353366154 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:34 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366154 when last update time is 1353366154 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:34 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366154 when last update time is 1353366154 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:44 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-free.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366164 when last update time is 1353366164 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:44 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-reserved.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366164 when last update time is 1353366164 (minimum one second step) 
    Nov 20 00:02:44 my_host collectd[900]: rrdtool plugin: rrd_update_r (WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd) failed: WebYaST/df-root/df_complex-used.rrd: illegal attempt to update using time 1353366164 when last update time is 1353366164 (minimum one second step)
    It has no influence on the tool itself, I can use it the way it is intended to be used, but this makes finding error in de log file from other services hard to find.
    Googled for a solution or root cause but could not find any.

    What's happening here?
    Let me say that with openSUSE version 12.2 I also gave this application a try and it is obvious it has several problems. Since you have a GUI and CLI YaST version, I decided I did not need a third and unloaded it all. If you really want to use this, I suggest you learn all you can about it and start posting bug reports on its function here: https://bugzilla.novell.com/index.cgi You never know, it might become a great feature in our net openSUSE 12.3 version. But until then, I can't recommend you waste any effort trying to use WebYaST.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  4. #4

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2: WebYaST filling /var/log/messages with similar error (non stop)

    Ok, thanks.
    I will consider this as buggy software and use Webmin instead.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2: WebYaST filling /var/log/messages with similarerror (non stop)

    On 2012-11-20 11:26, LRE wrote:
    >
    > Ok, thanks.
    > I will consider this as buggy software and use Webmin instead.


    Be a good community member and report those bugs in Bugzilla.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

  6. #6

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2: WebYaST filling /var/log/messages with similar error (non stop)

    Hi !
    The problem is not WebYast

    It belongs to "collectd"

    You can solve it in to ways:

    1 - Edit "/etc/collectd.conf" and comment the "LoadPlugin df" (mine is on line 72). This way the DF Plugin from collectd will not be loaded.

    2 - Edit "/etc/collectd.conf" and validate and activate de "df" plugin, by editing the "<Plugin df>" tag with valid parameters. I added my "/home" partition and got rid from WebYast and df rrdtool messages.

    Good luck.

    PS. I'm using

    cat /etc/SuSE-release
    openSUSE 12.2 (x86_64)
    VERSION = 12.2
    CODENAME = Mantis

    rpm -q collectd
    collectd-5.0.4-39.1.x86_64

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    25,547

    Default Re: openSUSE 12.2: WebYaST filling /var/log/messages with similarerror (non stop)

    On 2013-02-28 17:46, davidsalgadolinux wrote:
    > Hi !
    > The problem is not WebYast
    >
    > It belongs to "collectd"
    >
    > You can solve it in to ways:


    Thanks.

    But somebody having this problem has to report it officially on
    bugzilla, or it will never be solved.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.4, with Evergreen, x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •