Thread: Graphics performance monitor

Default Graphics performance monitor

Hi all,

Since today there seems to be some kind of "graphics performance monitor" graph in the top right corner of my screen. It shows two graphs and a blue bar, as well as a figure that probably represents the monitor's refresh rate ("60"). I can't click it and it doesn't go away after a reboot. It is driving me completely nuts, as I have no clue what I did to get it there!

I hope someone knows what I'm talking about, because I don't know how to explain this better. Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Graphics performance monitor

Turns out that it was the 'Show FPS' desktop effect, which I turned on a couple of days ago. Didn't notice it at the time because apparently it was only visible on my second monitor which is switched off most of the time.

I'll go feel stupid for the rest of the weekend now...

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Graphics performance monitor

Quote Originally Posted by john_jtvds View Post
    Turns out that it was the 'Show FPS' desktop effect, which I turned on a couple of days ago. Didn't notice it at the time because apparently it was only visible on my second monitor which is switched off most of the time.

I'll go feel stupid for the rest of the weekend now...
    You know the only people that don't do stupid things ever so often probably don't do very much of anything at all. As luck would have it, I most often resist the temptation to post the stupid things I have done online, but sometimes I do fail. If one thing is for sure though, we love to hear a happy ending from another satisfied openSUSE customer.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Well, I do not think you are stupid, but a little forgetfull .

E.g. you forgot to tell which version of openSUSE and which desktop you use. That wouldn't have made it easier for others then yourself to solve this (which you did in a magistral way).
    Henk van Velden

Thanks to the both of you for your kind words!