Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: openSUSE 12.2, Firefox KDE integration broken

Default openSUSE 12.2, Firefox KDE integration broken

Despite I have mozilla-kde4-integration package installed, Firefox still shows unfriendly GNOME Open\Save dialogs. Is there a way to fix this or should I create a bugreport?
    Code:
    openSUSE 12.2
    Linux 3.4.11-2.16-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 26 17:05:00 UTC 2012 (259fc87) i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
    MozillaFirefox                      | package    | 16.0.2-2.21.1 | i586   | openSUSE-12.2-Update-Oss
    mozilla-kde4-integration            | package    | 0.6.4-10.4.1  | i586   | openSUSE-12.2-Update-Oss

Default Re: openSUSE 12.2, Firefox KDE integration broken

The fact that you say "still shows" suggests to me that there is a story behind this. Which you forgot to explain.
    Henk van Velden

There is not that much of "hidden story". I've used openSUSE for a long time, and there was some updates in the past, that broke Firefox KDE integration. After some time there was another updates, to fix this. From the moment I've upgraded from 12.1 (in which integration was ok) to 12.2 Firefox shows non native Open\Save dialogs. I've tried to reinstall with "sudo zypper in -f mozilla-kde4-integration", but still no luck.

Blog Entries

You may still have some remaining settings in your /home.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Is there any user settings, which can affect what kind of dialogue windows to show?

Quote Originally Posted by D_E View Post
    Is there any user settings, which can affect what kind of dialogue windows to show?
    I guess that is what is suggested. I guess that the suggestion is made because what you experience is not the experience of others (as you will have found out yourself by now because of nobody joining in with: yes, that is what I have, and ...)

This does not mean (as you seem to think) that we know one or more by name and place. In such a case most people will check if it is user dependent by testing with another user. Just create one for the purpose, you remove him after the test.
    And when the other user does not have the problem, one can start finding differences in config files (e.g. in ~/.kde4 and ~/.mozilla).
    Henk van Velden

In such a case most people will check if it is user dependent by testing with another user. Just create one for the purpose, you remove him after the test.
    And when the other user does not have the problem, one can start finding differences in config files (e.g. in ~/.kde4 and ~/.mozilla).
    Thanks for reminding me the obvious fix path. I had to do this before posting on the forum.

Ok, I've created the new user, logged in and from its first launch Firefox shows non-KDE Open\Save dialogue windows. So it seems that user settings is unrelated to the problem. Any more suggestions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D_E View Post
    Ok, I've created the new user, logged in and from its first launch Firefox shows non-KDE Open\Save dialogue windows. So it seems that user settings is unrelated to the problem. Any more suggestions?
    Open a new tab, and enter 'about:config' into the firefox navigation bar. Have a look at the 'ui.allow_platform_file_picker' preference. Is it set to true or false? You can toggle it. This will influence the file manager window used. (For reference, mine is set to true.)
    Last edited by deano_ferrari; 17-Nov-2012 at 23:24.

Just checked:
    Code:
    ui.allow_platform_file_picker;true

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast